Home
Posted By: LCHunter1 Remington Model 7 Trigger? - 04/27/15
I'd appreciate opinions on adjusting the weight of pull on my Model 7. It's not bad but a little heavy. Is it a good idea? I'd like to try adjusting before investing in a replacement trigger.
Personally I think you should let a trigger smith do it.
Sent you a PM.
Posted By: J257 Re: Remington Model 7 Trigger? - 04/28/15
I had the x mark trigger in mine, "junk". I replaced it with the rifle basics trigger - highly adjustable, crisp, for the money it's hard to beat.
Another vote for the rifle basix great trigger. Not to start the argument again but I changed it out more for the safety factor. No trigger is 100 percent safe. But too many reports of possible problems and experiencing my 700 letting a round fly with the trigger not being touched has me spooked.I feel more comfortable replacing any original remington 700 or 7 trigger.
Posted By: CAFR Re: Remington Model 7 Trigger? - 05/07/15
Nothing wrong with a properly adjusted Remington trigger. Better that it is done by a pro, though.
I did mine following printed instructions, found on line. I did not try to take it down to the lowest possible, but got a nice feel to it. It has been that way for 10 years plus, with no problems. Go slow, and check for slam fires and use a good screw sealant, and you should be OK. miles
Sadly, there are some real frigging idiots posting "instructions" for adjusting Remington triggers. Some are so bad it is unreal.

Here is a link to a very good set:
http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp
© 24hourcampfire