Home
Posted By: tarheelpwr Ruger M77 MK ii trigger job - 07/21/15
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a smith to work over my Mk ii trigger? I'm hoping to keep it pretty cheap. I don't need a match trigger, but I'm hoping to end up around 3#. It's an early 90's trigger if that matters.
I ended up buying a Jard. We'll see how it runs.
Spec-Tech, or Timney
I think the triggers are case hardened so don't whittle too much off.
Originally Posted by Darkker
Spec-Tech, or Timney

Too late. I already placed the order. Seems like no one mentions Jard for Ruger's, but their AR triggers get good reviews. I also did not want to have to modify anything. Read toos my reports of the others not being true drop in.
Let us know about the Jard.

Thanks

Mike
I'll try to remember to check back. Brownell's said it shipped today.
I sent my Ruger 77 MK II to T-Bone at Timney's Triggers. It is the second best trigger I pull. Only my Jewell's are better.
Does T-Bone simply work over the factory trigger, or does he install a new Timney trigger?
I build custom Ruger rifles as well as the usual stuff and I've tried them all. I like the factory trigger tuned up by me best. I have a trick high dollar jig that lets me dial it right in. I can get them as low as one pound or anywhere you specify. PM for details.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Does T-Bone simply work over the factory trigger, or does he install a new Timney trigger?

New Timney's for Ruger 77's have to be fitted. They are not drop ins by any stretch.
I put a Timney in my MKII, no problem at all. Little to no creep, 2#s, took fifteen minutes or less.
I, too, use Timney triggers for Ruger rifles, not one has been different to what I requested on pull weight, T bone does an excellent job, and fitting is not difficult, even for those who have never attempted it before.
Relieving the safety notch can take some time on some rifles, but it's not difficult.

Cheers.
No update to report. I finally got time to mess with the Jard, but I learned I don't have a wrench small enough for 2/3 of the screws.
© 24hourcampfire