Home
With my grandkids, kids and myself we have six of the older Marlins that use the grooved receiver and are not drilled for scope bases.

I would like to get them all drilled and tapped so I can use Weaver style rings. It makes scope changing much easier.

Looking at my 925 on which I have the bases it looks to be a straight forward job. I am considering doing it myself. I work cheap and hopefully I can save enough to pay for a jig and the other supplies.

I would appreciate it if you folks could lend me your experience on how to do this and what to buy for tools.

Thanks in advance,

Gary
I don't know if there is a commercially available jig to d&t Marlin rimfire bolt guns, so you'd probably have to make your own.

Using the B-Square 3/8* dovetail to Weaver adapters would be easier and probably cheaper too.
I like the adapters but have the impression they block the view of iron sights. I need to do some checking.

I will look at the B-Square in my new [literally just got it today] Brownell's catalogue.At leeast part of the reason for doing this is so Grandpa can have them take their scopes off and shoot with some irons once in a while. They like my 39M but so do I.

It looks like the Wiliams fixture may work for me. I need some details on taps and fluid. I have a couple of sets of taps but want to get better grade ones for this project.

Thanks,
Gary

Originally Posted by Dancing Bear
I like the adapters but have the impression they block the view of iron sights. I need to do some checking.

I will look at the B-Square in my new [literally just got it today] Brownell's catalogue.At leeast part of the reason for doing this is so Grandpa can have them take their scopes off and shoot with some irons once in a while. They like my 39M but so do I.

It looks like the Wiliams fixture may work for me. I need some details on taps and fluid. I have a couple of sets of taps but want to get better grade ones for this project.

Thanks,
Gary

The B-Square Weaver adapters are very thin and can't be much, if any, thicker than the correct Weaver base. I have bought less expensive Weaver adapters, but they were thicker than the B-Square units and now reside in compartmental plastic box somewhere in my storage locker.

260 Rem guy. I took a look at them and I think they wiil work for what I want.

I am ordering a couple to try out. Thanks for the lead.

Gary
© 24hourcampfire