Home
Posted By: plumashntr M70 mag spring - 08/16/15
Anyone can tell me how to remove the mag spring from the floorplate? I just got my new one pice bottom metal and i cant seem to figure how to remove it off of the old one.
Posted By: MichiganScott Re: M70 mag spring - 08/17/15
You should be able to just slide it off, even if it may be necessary to lift up on it just a bit. If it's stuck, try some Kroil or penetrant on the spring.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: M70 mag spring - 08/17/15
It's got a little dimple pressed into the end of the spring. Lift the end of the spring up with a small screwdriver or knife so it'll clear the detent & let you slide it out of the floorplate.
Posted By: plumashntr Re: M70 mag spring - 08/17/15
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It's got a little dimple pressed into the end of the spring. Lift the end of the spring up with a small screwdriver or knife so it'll clear the detent & let you slide it out of the floorplate.

Thanks! I got it out, but got cut though. That spring was sharp. These short fat fingers sure dont help.
Posted By: Gasman Re: M70 mag spring - 08/24/15
Next time, try a large flat blade screwdriver in the bottom "elbow" of the spring. Pop the handle of the screwdriver with the palm of your hand, and the spring should just pop off. No cuts, no fuss! And put a little CLP on the floorplate and the spring before you put everything back together.
Posted By: melchung Re: M70 mag spring - 08/25/15
use a stone to dull that sharp edge, ditto for sharp receiver feed guide rails. I don't like getting cut either! have fun, Mel
© 24hourcampfire