Home
I finally got fed up with the heavy and inconsistent trigger pulls on my stock Model 70 triggers so I bought some springs from Ernie.

Prior to making the change, one rifle wouldn't adjust below 4lbs. A simple spring change now has it down to just under 3lbs. and consistent.

Another rifle wouldn't adjust below 3.75lbs and varied by a 1/2 pound. It's now right at 3lbs and stays there.

Jiggling the springs into the hole was the most difficult part of the change. Hitting the epoxy seal on the adjustment screw with a hair dryer on high made picking it off very easy. It took me less than a half hour total for both rifles.

I've got two more rifles to do. The MOA trigger on them is not as bad as on the first two, but I firmly believe Winchester's claim to the adjustability of the trigger is PR smoke. They should buy their springs from Ernie, use blue Loctite on the screws, and fire their lawyers.

I have no idea if the new trigger is the product of engineers or lawyers. Regardless, FN never should have messed with perfection. My four Winchesters with the old trigger all adjusted to 3lbs or below easily with only one needing honing to deal with some minor creep.
Originally Posted by MichiganScott

I have no idea if the new trigger is the product of engineers or lawyers. Regardless, FN never should have messed with perfection.
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!

They should have fired the idiot 'engineers' that designed that pos MOA in the first place..

Minor (and quality) refinements to the original would have been, by LIGHTYEARS, their best course of action..
I have a new MOA and added that Ernie Spring...trigger adjusts down to 2.5(current setting) Still see no issue with the old trigger but it is what it is, still a better rifle then most current production.
What is the lowest weight a MOA trigger can be adjusted to with the Ernie spring? Just curious.
© 24hourcampfire