Home
Posted By: texasaggie09 Gummy Butt... Pad - 09/24/15
I just bought a rifle with a Limbsaver butt pad on it that is gummy/sticky. Is there anything you can do to help this besides replacing it?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 09/24/15
If its a Remington factory stock they will replace it if you call them. Or you can email Limbsaver and I think they will replace it.

They had a bad batch of those sticky pads
Posted By: deadeyedan Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 09/24/15

No help that I know of. It was my understanding a few years back they had an issue with the compound - give them a call and they may replace it.
Posted By: texasaggie09 Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 09/24/15
It's a Sako M995 rifle that someone put a Limbsaver on. It looks to be one of their "grind to fit" pads.
Posted By: texasaggie09 Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 09/24/15
I'll contact Limbsaver. Thanks guys.
Posted By: blanket Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 09/24/15
Bad rubber, better on your butt than on the front, call limbsaver
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 09/24/15
Buddy had a problem with a Rem pad. Called Sims, Mr. Simms answered the phone, they had a nice chat, Simms apologized, and made it right.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 10/04/15
I have the same issue with a custom Virgin Valley Encore buttstock. Thanks for the information. I'll call Simms this week.

Posted By: huffmanite Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 10/04/15
I too own a rifle with an older limbsaver pad on it. Sticky thing it is....have used Armor All on it to keep it from sticking. Have this rifle leaning against wall in a room with a parquet wood floor. Picked up rifle a few days ago and LOL, a piece of the parquet floor broke off and was stuck to the pad.

Anyway, this topic of sticky Limbsaver pads came up recently on some other gun website....forget which one. Someone posted that you should contact Limbsaver for a replacement....that Limbsaver admits they had a series of them that were sold with wrong formula of rubber (or whatever they use) that had this problem.
Posted By: rockdoc Re: Gummy Butt... Pad - 10/04/15
I have the same problem on a custom 375H&H. Similar thing happening also on top edge of my Mod 70 .458 Win Mag.

Does anyone know who made Winchester pads for the Classic (New Haven) pre '64 style rifles?

Cheers, Chris
© 24hourcampfire