Home
I've searched the internet and haven't found good instructions on tuning the trigger on this Charles Daly by Zastava, it is a 243.

I can adjust it so that it is very crisp and safe, but cannot get the safety adjusted so that it works correctly. When the safety adjustment screw is turned in enough to stop the trigger, you can't move the safety to the fire position.

Appreciate the help and have learn alot from the questions that have been answered on this forum.
There are lots of hits if you do an internet search for Zastava rimfire trigger adjustment. They include youtube videos.
mini-mauser

[Linked Image]
Thanks for the picture RWE, I followed that one. Seems like a very fine/difficult line between safety working and moving freely from on/off positions.
Is the zastava centerfire trigger the same as the rimfire trigger?
Originally Posted by SenderoMan
Is the zastava centerfire trigger the same as the rimfire trigger?

No.
I have the same problem with my Interarms Mk x / Zastava. Either heavy trigger and safety or usable trigger and no safety. A couple of us had a go at adjusting it according to the diagram but ended up no further ahead. I chose to go with a great trigger and no safety.
A buddy has an Interarms Mark X. I just replaced it with a "Bold" trigger. Breaks at a crisp 2lbs now.
Finally found an article that walked thru the process. The adjustment on the safety is very touchy, otherwise it is a pretty solid trigger.
© 24hourcampfire