Home
Posted By: RememberBaker A Rem 700 question. - 11/20/15
I bought a Remington 700 SA Mountain Rifle stock here on the Campfire, quite a while back and more recently I picked up a new Mountain Rifle take-off barrel in .260. The action is pretty straight forward and not hard to find, my question is about the bottom metal. Do the mountain rifles have the bottom metal with the hinged floor plate (BDL?) or does it accept a removable magazine?
I figure it will take me about 2 years to collect all the parts to have a Mtn. Rifle put together and when I'm done it will have cost me a couple hundred more than just buying one....
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: A Rem 700 question. - 11/20/15
The cataloged Mountain Rifles came with either walnut or laminated stocks in the BDL format.

The TIs and outlet specific, Gander Mountain and ???, Mountain Rifles were made with synthetic stocks in the blind magazine ADL format.

There were also cataloged detachable magazine MRs with blued CM metal and walnut stocks.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: A Rem 700 question. - 11/20/15
Depends.

Remington 700 Mountain rifles came in both BDL and DBM, which stock do you have?
Posted By: RememberBaker Re: A Rem 700 question. - 11/20/15
I don't know. It's walnut, I'll post a picture, maybe that will help.
[Linked Image]
BDL
Thank you!
DON'T get a factory Remington 700 DBM and think you can go BDL, cuzz you can't. Just say no to the factory DBM 700's.

Not that you can't make a standard 700 a DBM with aftermarket stuff, if so inclined.
I'm fine with a BDL gun. I've got too many magazines to keep track of as it is.
This is what I need, no?

[Linked Image]
Good man
Posted By: Steelhead Re: A Rem 700 question. - 11/21/15
Originally Posted by RememberBaker
This is what I need, no?

[Linked Image]

That is what you need, yes
© 24hourcampfire