Home
I am looking to get an aftermarket stock for a .30-06 Interarms Mark X.

I would really like brown laminated and as closely inletted as possible for this model. I can finish it, but am a novice at inletting.

I checked on Boyds website (had great luck with them before for this sort of project) but they only show a walnut stock for this model. They show what I want style-wise for a regular Mauser though.

Where else should I look?

I found these guys: http://www.gun-parts.com/markxstocks/ Anyone have any experience with them and their stocks?
I put one in a Remington 798 stock. Looks good, fits well.
Originally Posted by Brazos

Where did you get the stock?
Originally Posted by wildfowl
Originally Posted by Brazos

Where did you get the stock?

Bought it here on the 'Fire.
gunparts, ie: numrich in new York, at one time had the stocks available for the Remington 798 and 799. both in the brown laminate that Remington used. I got one for the mini mauser(799) for a client and it fit well and looked fine for a factory finish.
you need to call Boyds - I'm sure they can make your stock in laminated
I have a Remington 798 laminated stock on a Mark X Mauser action that I bought from Stocky's a few years back. It was a drop-in fit, but I did skim-bed the action and the first 4" of barrel.

I don't know if these stocks are still available, but it was a nice stock for the price.
They get dumped on a lot around here, but I bought a Richards Microfit "Old Classic" laminated stock for a 98 Mauser a few years ago, and it worked out just fine.
That Remington 798 take-off is great but not available.

Boyd's may not list it as Mark X (which is a "regular Mauser" with a side safety) but I am sure they'll do one in laminate. I'd call me or just get one for large ring 98 and fire up the Dremel.

Are Mark X actions full length, or intermediate length like the Yugoslav M48s?
full length
© 24hourcampfire