Home
Who out there is doing quality work for a reasonable price on replacing factory Rem 700 bolt knob with Badger? For those that have had this done what did you pay?
Well since I have no use for them I couldn't venture a guess on price, BUT if you go to Accurateshooter.com a couple members do it. Boltfluter is the name of one guy and the other fellow works for Harrells Precision and does them on the side. It cost very little with either.
Have the handle located & timed correctly & you won't need a baseball bat knob.
Jim Kobe in Minnesota did several of these for me. Work was well done, but I don't remember the price.
His phone is 952 884 6031

He haunts this site so may chime in.
I've never done a badger as I'm too cheap to buy the knob, but here's a pic of the jig I made to do my own. I'm using an annular cutter to speed up the machine time......and it works grand. I have to cut the stud down a bit and run a die (5/16) down it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Before the purists jump me for the extra height on the jig, it's multiple sided to do different bolts and the tolerance was high enough to make it a non issue.
I use the PTG bolt fixture in one of my lathes. I get $65 to install plus the price of the bolt knob.
Thanks for the replies.
© 24hourcampfire