Home
Posted By: G46 Need Help - 05/14/16
I got my Ruger RA back yesterday, from JES. (The re-bore job I was excited about.)

Went to restock it and the trigger shoe was broken off and the safety tang were gone, gone.....Gone !

I called Ruger Customer Service and was told Brass Tacks, if it comes here, it goes backs to factory specs..... End of 338 Fed project ( & $700). They will only fix it & return it back to the 308. End of Discussion.

Do any of you know of a good Smithy that can do a trigger assembly job for me ??
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: Need Help - 05/14/16
Here's the trigger:

http://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/Ruger-Model-77-Tang-Safety-P17.aspx

The Timney has a rod that goes from the tang safe button to the trigger. The button would not be hard to make.

338 Federal is excellent !

Good luck
Posted By: G46 Re: Need Help - 05/14/16
Anything that resembled a 'Tang' is Bye-Bye. Sheared off right at the 'S. GONE.

Nothing short of a complete assembly is going to fix this.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Need Help - 05/14/16
Ruger RA = Ruger American ??? A pic might help. How did the damage occur?
Posted By: G46 Re: Need Help - 05/15/16
It's a Ruger American, not a M77.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Need Help - 05/15/16
Its a cheap gun, buy a new one, swap out needed parts and return that one for factory repair. Just be honest when you do, do not ask for warranty repair
Posted By: G46 Re: Need Help - 05/15/16
Thought about that. It 'would' give me a 7mm/08, 308, and a 338Fed. No problem in that department.

Still going to try to find a simpler solution first. I'm sure there is a good 'smith that can clean this little screw up w/o much a'do.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Need Help - 05/15/16
So tell us how this "little screw up" transpired.
Posted By: G46 Re: Need Help - 05/16/16
UPS, But good luck on THAT one.

Anyway, who's to blame doesn't get it fixed.

A friend in VA, from another forum, hooked me up with his guy, Jack. I called him today and he has 2 American triggers on hand, from some previous work, just missing the link pin and the button.

I have the link pin. JES sent it back with the re-bored barreled action, and after Jack & I talked a few minutes, we figured out that a button might be able to be scrounged/worked from a 77 lightweight, or an old model 77 tang safety. Worst case, grind and drill off a Moss 500 !!!!

Anyway, that is what a GOOD smith, that knows his $!it, will do if you can just find him............
© 24hourcampfire