Home
Posted By: boliep Recoil Pad Information - 06/19/16

I just bought a pre 64 Model 70 featherweight that has a recoil pad added. As close as I can tell, the recoil pad says on it:

Eric Lundren
Paso Robles, Calif

The rifle is a 55 model and the pad is still flexible. According to the seller his dad bought the rifle new and had the pad installed soon after ( a year maybe ) the purchase along with having a couple of other things done to it. One thing that was also done was to full length bed the barrel channel on the stock.

I have never heard of this particular brand of recoil pad. Does anyone know anything about them?

Posted By: Milwroad Re: Recoil Pad Information - 06/19/16
FWIW, I had a 53 M70 fwt that someone added a white line pad to as well. It looked like a standard Pachmayr white line pad but did not say Pachmayr. It said something like Mac's, Bishop, CA. My take was that was the name of the gun store/gunsmith that installed it. In other words, I think it was a stock white line Pachmayr recoil pad that Pachmayr added the store/gunsmith name to probably to personalize the pad.
Posted By: boliep Re: Recoil Pad Information - 06/20/16

I thought of that same thing but the cost of having a local shops name put on a recoil pad, especially in the 50's or 60's would have cost a fortune unless the buy was probably a 1000 or more. But who knows, maybe not?

The recoil pad in question does look a lot like a Pachmayr and that is what I expected to see when I looked for the name.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Recoil Pad Information - 06/20/16
If you order the minimum order of pads all alike, same size, color, etc. Pachmyer will or would mold your name or brand into them for $100 extra as a one time cost for the tooling. Minimum order is or was 300 pads
Posted By: SenderoMan Re: Recoil Pad Information - 06/21/16
Originally Posted by TheKid
If you order the minimum order of pads all alike, same size, color, etc. Pachmyer will or would mold your name or brand into them for $100 extra as a one time cost for the tooling. Minimum order is or was 300 pads

That's pretty neat and not seen done anymore, at least not that I have seen.
Posted By: boliep Re: Recoil Pad Information - 06/21/16

Thanks for the information. I guess the one on my rifle came from some long gone gunsmith in California.
Posted By: baldguy Re: Recoil Pad Information - 06/26/16
Are you sure that the spelling of the name is Lundren and not Lundgren? In the early 60's a very nice old gunsmith in that area did some work for me and his name was Lundgren. He had a nice but small shop right next to his home.
© 24hourcampfire