Home
Howdy folks. My next build starts with a completely bare M700 SA (no bolt). I am going to use a PT&G one-piece bolt. Anyone here ever ream the action then use a corresponding oversize bolt? Any negative effects on reliability in dirty conditions?

I want to go "best practices" on this build for the fun of it, but since this has zero affect on accuracy (uh..... right?) I'm not quite sold on taking it to this level. Thanks.

Personally, I'd not do it - but that's just me...
PTG probably sells a reamer for the 700 for fitting their bolt to the action. I haven't checked their site to verify this
A tighter fitting bolt will serve no purpose on a hunting rifle and can absolutely hinder reliability in dirty conditions. Personally, if it's not a full blown bechrest rifle for competition, I wouldn't even consider it.
Excellent. My thoughts as well. Thank you very much.
I was just contiplating the same thing on my build.... wish I had read down just a tad before posting my question..
Hello Eddie, I see you up there... was going to shoot you a message and ask you same question. But sense i already have your answer, will just say thanks.
© 24hourcampfire