Home
My long time gunsmith recently retired and dove into the BR circuit. I need to have a rifle "Skim" bedded and the barrel centered up in the forarm by whatever means it takes in a hurry. It's a synthetic stock with a aluminum block. I need it quick for a up coming hunt.

Please PM me if you can do this or know a smith that can.
How quick is quick, I'm in pa so will be some travel time
Like if it get it to you, you get it headed back my way in like 3 days!!! :)))))
Too bad you didn't live in south central WA.... wink. Rifles are easy enough to bed in a hurry...
Why not bed it yourself?
It's not hard to do
I thought about it. I've never bedded a rifle before and just wasn't really up to using a $1100.00 rifle as a Guinea pig.
I could get her done and on its way back to you in 3 days
Git-er-done....
What kind of rifle is it?? If I can bed a rifle anyone can. BSA has a great tutorial here on 24hourcampfire
Just do it with devcon and have 50 qtips and wd40 handy. Plug all the holes and go. Wd is the kryponite of devcon before it sets up. Triple check your screw length before you walk away. If you can read a dope chart you can do this.
Originally Posted by high_country_
Triple check your screw length before you walk away.

I've been studying up on bedding my stocks myself. Every time I read a thread about it and think I'm getting close, there is invariably a post like this with no explanation as to what is meant. What does this mean when it comes to bedding? My action screws fit perfectly in all my rifles. I'm sure there is probably a simple explanation; but, for idiots like me, I don't know what it means. Thanks in advance for anybody who can clarify this.
don't sweat it Sky. it doesn't have anything to do with the way I bed them either.

You are close enough. Give it a try. Each one will get easier.
© 24hourcampfire