Home
I have a co-worker that has an older a bolt that was not fireing. It has been hunted hard in the Rainforest areas of WA. St. I'm thinking I would start by taking a look at the bolt. I have Remington's and Winchesters . No familiar with the A Bolt bolt. I've googled it and not coming up with much ! Anyone know how to do this or where to find out. I've found diagrams but was hoping for a bit more. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance guys!
Similar to a 700 where you need to pull back the cocking piece before unscrewing. Use a boot lace to avoid marring the part. Pull back and unscrew bolt shroud and firing pin from bolt body.
I found and printed the instructions off the net a year or two ago. It's a little different than a Remington or Winchester. If I can remember to do it, I'll scan and email you a copy.
IME the problem with A-Bolts not firing is usually related to the wire safety link corroding. I have seen quite a few fail in the field.
Open the trash can and insert rifle. JMHO
Is it me or has this forum taken a turn for the worst. I don't get why people say some of the things they do. I'm just trying to get a bit of information for a friend and someone has say throw the whole rifle away. Sure hope you feel better now. I rarely comment on this type of behavior but it not only shows a lack of class, but a serious lack of ability to keep ones mouth shut.
Is it me or has this forum taken a turn for the worst.

It once was a pretty decent site, but over the years it's turned into a cesspool full of [bleep] who have an over-inflated view of themselves.

It's sad the site is open to the public so that anyone reading here can associate them with gunowners overall.
Originally Posted by goodshot
Is it me or has this forum taken a turn for the worst. I don't get why people say some of the things they do. I'm just trying to get a bit of information for a friend and someone has say throw the whole rifle away. Sure hope you feel better now. I rarely comment on this type of behavior but it not only shows a lack of class, but a serious lack of ability to keep ones mouth shut.

It might be just you. I guess one can't poke a little fun without being branded as cruel and insensitive. You might be better off on Facebook with all the safety pin crowd. Just saying.... Men used to have thicker skin. Too much moisturizer?
© 24hourcampfire