Home
Posted By: prredog 600 mohawk iron sights - 02/08/17
I decided to bring this one out from the back of the safe and hunt with it this year, .308, a family heirloom that was my younger brothers that our folks gave him back in the early 70's but he gave up hunting long ago so I win, it's mine now. I'm looking to fix it up and put iron sights back on but the rear, which I have, is cheesy to say the least, I don't have a front sight for it. The rear base is plastic, very similar to a 788 set up. I've googled images, some of which show the 600 Mohawks with 700 sights, others show my set up, while others show a 660 set up. My question is, can I use a 660 rear and front sight set up which seem to be of higher quality, can I use a 700 rear and front sight set up? I appreciate the input and if you have a set, front and rear you could part with, shoot me a PM please.
P.S, I do intend to scope the rifle, the sights are partly for looks but I do want them to function as well
Posted By: mudhen Re: 600 mohawk iron sights - 02/09/17
I would call Brownells' customer service. When I have had sight questions, they have always come through for me.
Posted By: prredog Re: 600 mohawk iron sights - 02/09/17
I can do that,thanks
© 24hourcampfire