Home
Posted By: Ocean_Raider extended mag box ? - 09/25/17
I have bought a borden timberline action and i am a bit undecided what direction to take with cartridge choice

i have 3 cartridges in mind, 300 dakota, 300 rum or 338 edge

in the 300's i would build the rifle with the intent of shooting the Berger 230's and the RUM to work as a repeater could do with a extended box mag, the 338 edge to work as a repeater and use Berger 300's or CEB bullets would also favour a extended mag box

Wyatts and PTG both do suitable mag boxes, to fit them what modifications to the action are required ?

the dakota solves mag space issues, but comes with brass issues and i am unsure i want to undertake forming my own from quality 404 to solve the problem

Cheers for any replies
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: extended mag box ? - 09/26/17
The best way to get a good answer on this is to call or e-mail Jim Borden, he'll be able to give you the straight scoop.

If I were going to modify a custom action like that I'd prefer the maker did it. That might not be easily doable with you being in Australia. Definitely talk to Jim though, that action came out of his head so nobody else knows as well as him what would need to be done to make it work correctly.
© 24hourcampfire