Home
For the last week or 10 days the forum has been going off every 30 seconds to 1 minute. It took me 20 minutes to write a 2 sentence response to a thread. What gives? Plenty pissed off! powdr
Hey powdr, someone will come on and tell you it's a personal problem! grin
Well I've been on here for 10years and it's never done this. I use to look forward to getting on the fire and now I just glove up...expecting it to be a fight. powdr
It was way slow yesterday for me. Seems to be somewhat better today.
No problems here - using an HP desktop and Chrome..
Originally Posted by powdr
For the last week or 10 days the forum has been going off every 30 seconds to 1 minute. It took me 20 minutes to write a 2 sentence response to a thread. What gives? Plenty pissed off! powdr

It's been doing that for me ever since the upgrade. Not a problem before that.
Adblock...

Was a bit slow yesterday, about like now, taking me about 30 seconds or so to type this.
AdBlock is working great for me. No lag time at all..
Lap top, Chrome and Adblock Plus...no worries here ever.
All that goobermint snooping software eats up CPU like a mf'er.
sounds more like you have a problem with your internet provider than problems with the forum
No problem here..firefox and adblock on homemade pile of junk.
Originally Posted by g5m

It's been doing that for me ever since the upgrade. Not a problem before that.
Must be your browser or pop-up blocker. I'm using Fire Fox and ad blocker and having no problems.
I don't know what the promblem is, I was thinking it was my iPad.

Had the same problem. Installed Ad Blocker Plus this morning and problem solved!!
Originally Posted by roundoak

This!
I use Mozilla Firefox and AD block. I had so many problems before using them it was about the same as your problems Powder.
Originally Posted by roundoak

Same here, except I'm using FireFox. When things get slow, I reboot my modem and I'm good to go.

Steve.
I've noticed my browser is often "Waiting for us-ads.openx.net", so I Googled it. Looks like Rick Bin has a hacked version of OpenX, which causes the ad snippets to be infected with malware. Maybe I'll let him know, so he can update his OpenX software to the latest version which mitigates that vulnerability...
Laptop + Firefox + AdBlockPlus = No Problem
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Laptop + Firefox + AdBlockPlusEdge = No Problem
Yesterday very jumpy
Today not so much
Powdr:

I was having the same problem. If you will go down to the bottom of this forum - check Talk to Webmaster. Lots of suggestions.

From my inquiries this is the situation - for me.

* I have Internet Explorer and MSN as my home page.

* The 24 Hour Camp0fire website itself, in other areas, subjects and pages works just fine with my IE MSN browser. The hunting forums pages are the ONLY threads that are having trouble both logging on and navigating. All other websites. E-mail, etc, are all working normally. My computer is very powerful, only a couple of years old and runs on Windows 8.1.

* I have Guruaid under annual contract. They checked it out and said it's a problem specific to that website and they couldn't help.I called back later and was on for 2 hours. They ran scans but didn't fix it.

I called MSN and spoke to them. They attributed the problem to Mexican Hackers. *( I'm not so sure about that - yet! ).

I also had Firefox as a browser. I went to the website and downloaded FREE Foxfire. They offered to make Google my primary browser. I declined. I'm still running MSN as the primary elsewhere but not on the hunting forums.

A soon as Firefox finished I logged on to 24 Hour Campfire and it worked like a charm. No problems. Down below in the webmaster portion there are several suggestions. One was a spy sweeper. It didn't work for me. I stopped it. There was a Java update. I did that and it sped up even more.

SO the current problem here on the hunting forums is some as yet undetected glitch that hasn't been swept out. And which is not affecting the rest of the site.

Internet Explorer and MSN themselves are not so squeaky clean. After updates I have had problems with them too. But there is an easy work around that does work for me and I note, many others.

Bill
Originally Posted by Scott F

iPhone + nothin' else = No Problem at all on ANY other website except for this one.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Yesterday very jumpy
Today not so much

I spoke too soon. Jumping up and down like a demented jumping bean for 7 to 12 seconds every time I touch the mouse. Only on Campfire and I run Firefox on Ubuntu.
I try to look away, usually at our rain coming down, but this $hitt is giving me headaches.
Ahhhh the Campfire.....Everyone's favorite diseased whore!
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
They attributed the problem to Mexican Hackers.

"We don't need no stinkin' 24Hr Campfire"

[Linked Image]
My system is chugging along just fine. It was a little slow yesterday but so was everything else so I guess it was my server.
I seldom have problems on this site and when I do it's some general outage that gets fixed quickly.
Maybe folks are just using the wrong systems.
Only time I get to check the fire is on my phone a few moments here and there. And it locks up on me about 70% of my attempts. I just close the window and reopen a new one. No other forums or websites lock up on me. Campfire has done that for me for well over a year now.
Originally Posted by antlers

iPhone + nothin' else = No Problem at all on ANY other website except for this one.
You must think your smart phone is really smart. Not smart. grin
Well crap-there was a problem and the page reloaded.

Same thing here. Been doing it for days. Told Rick abou it. Still doing it. Took me 5 minutes to post this

Do you put your PC to sleep each night, or turn the system completely off?
What difference does that make ?
I've done the Chrome, Avast, Adblocker, etc etc etc etc, and this freaking site has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's a major PITA. Since no other site does this on any of my computers, I will, in my hardheadedness, continue to put up with this site even though it is a PITA.
Originally Posted by RDFinn
What difference does that make ?

For me, I just close the lid each night, I don't bother shutting down. When my system does slow on occasion, actually doing a hard shutdown and start-up clears it up. Don't know if it clears the memory or what, but when my internet is running slow, it's the first thing I try...can't hurt can it?
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've done the Chrome, Avast, Adblocker, etc etc etc etc, and this freaking site has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's a major PITA. Since no other site does this on any of my computers, I will, in my hardheadedness, continue to put up with this site even though it is a PITA.
+1, I rarely post anymore due to the slowness of this site. And it's this site only so I'm not loading a pile of anti-sh*t on my device. Hell, I have a couple friends that their PM box still flashing over a year and no messages. Lol
i've been getting disconnects to the site from internet explorer for a couple of weeks. can't hardly get through a page without it disconnecting. have started using chrome on google and it seems to be working for now. a lot better than it did anyways. it is the only site that does it, and it is very frustrating. i figure Rick is discouraging me a subtle manner. lol.
+1
If it was just slow on my end that would be forward progress. I can't even type 5-6 words without the page reloading, freezing etc.
If it was just slow on my end that would be forward progress. I can't even type 5-6 words without the page reloading, freezing etc.
I know Rick has to pay the bills, but all the ads are what gum up the campfire. I access via various computers and Iphone and the campfire is by far the buggiest VB I visit.
It has been so glitchy that this is the first post I've been able to make in days.
No problems here. No bugs, No Ads, No glitches.
It does not make sense to me. Why are some folks having so many problems and others have none?
It does not make sense to me. Why are some folks having so many problems and others have none?

Don't know about everyone else but my system is pretty basic.
PC running Fire Fox with ad blocker, and not cluttered up with lots of junk.
I have a professional group do a cleaning every three months, and it just purrs along nicely.
I use Ubuntu for my OS, Firefox with AdBlock Edge and Ghostery and have no problems of any kind. I do not use ant anti virus or anti spyware.
its been running really slow for 3-4 days now for me.
He's dead Jim, aw snap
OK, guys. Made some changes on this end.

Please clean out cookies, close browser, re-open browser, and try her again. Should be better.
THANKS Rick!

Much better now on my IPad and Safari.
© 24hourcampfire