Home
Posted By: PJGunner Scam pops - 05/16/20
Dunno if anyone else has had a problem but for the last week or so I've been getting a pop up ad either for Norton. saying I'm out of date or Adobe for the same reason. I only have this problem on the 24 Hour Campfire site regardless of form. As this does not happen on any other forum I go to, it has to be related to this one. I know they 're scams but the damn tjings lock up my computer and sometime I have go as far as shutting down and ebooting until the next time.
Thanks for listening.
Paul B.
Posted By: countryroads Re: Scam pops - 05/17/20
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Dunno if anyone else has had a problem but for the last week or so I've been getting a pop up ad either for Norton. saying I'm out of date or Adobe for the same reason. I only have this problem on the 24 Hour Campfire site regardless of form. As this does not happen on any other forum I go to, it has to be related to this one. I know they 're scams but the damn tjings lock up my computer and sometime I have go as far as shutting down and ebooting until the next time.
Thanks for listening.
Paul B.

Same here. I just use the back button, and then re-do what I was doing. I wonder if it is related to all of the pop-up ads?
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Scam pops - 05/17/20
Originally Posted by countryroads
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Thanks for listening.
Paul B.

Same here. I just use the back button, and then re-do what I was doing. I wonder if it is related to all of the pop-up ads?

Yep. I'm getting them. Back button works for me too. But they're a pain in the arse !!!!!!
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Scam pops - 05/18/20
Back button works for getting rid of the Adobe but the Norton has been a bit more difficult sometimes resulting in having to do a reboot.
Paul B.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Scam pops - 05/18/20
Just for S&Gs, try running this free scanner. I use their paid version and have never had any issues.

https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/
© 24hourcampfire