Home
On the Winchester 94 Big Bore pre-safety .307 & .356 they seem to have a higher cheek piece for scope use.

How does this effect using gost rings or tang sights ?? Im thinking of head aliment ??

I have also heard that some / all of these pre-safety Winchesters used scope bases that had anged screws ?? Does this effect fitting gost rings/apperture sights ??

Im i right in thinking these pre-saftey big bore are American built while the button safety models are Miroku/Japan made ?? Is there any REAL difference in quailty ??

Regards

Englander

E

Head aliment is a relative term since everybody is different. My thinking is that it probably won't matter. I had an early .356 Big Bore w/o the crossbolt. I did not have any problems getting down on the stock to aline the sights. Therefore, for my body style, a peep site would be just fine.

I remember something about the angled screws, but it would be best to contact the mfg. of the ghostring/peep sight you want to get and ask them directly if this would be a problem in mounting them to your particular rifle.

Prospector

EVERY TUB HAS TO SIT ON ITS OWN BOTTOM.

© 24hourcampfire