Home
Just thought I would share a picture of something not seen to often. My Marlin 336 SC Deluxe in 35 Rem. Made in 1960
[Linked Image]
Nice!
I like the looks of it. Thanks fer sharin'.
Nice, I have never seen one of those. I have a SC in 35 that Dad bought in either 2952 or 53. It probably has way less than ten boxes of shells through it and most were 158 semi wadcutters after I started reloading. The stock is a straight grained plain walnut, like quarter sawed. The last time it was shot was two days before he died, he did smile when he saw the target.
Originally Posted by jkingrph
Nice, I have never seen one of those. I have a SC in 35 that Dad bought in either 2952 or 53...

Is that the 35 megawatt plasma model or the 35 gigawatt fusion laser model? I know they started the changeover in the mid-30th century but could never pin down the exact year. wink
On a related note, that is a really nice rifle. Those monte carlo stocks do look kind of funky to a traditionalists's eye but I wish they'd continue offering them on the heavy kickers.

Had a scoped .444 many years ago that whacked my cheekbone something vicious,a monte carlo like yours I think would have solved that problem.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
On a related note, that is a really nice rifle. Those monte carlo stocks do look kind of funky to a traditionalists's eye but I wish they'd continue offering them on the heavy kickers.

Had a scoped .444 many years ago that whacked my cheekbone something vicious,a monte carlo like yours I think would have solved that problem.

Jim I had a 444 Marlin one of the first ones Marlin made and it did come with a monte carlo stock yours must have been a later one...
Here is one I found
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120473920
Originally Posted by MOSSYOAK1957
Just thought I would share a picture of something not seen to often. My Marlin 336 SC Deluxe in 35 Rem. Made in 1960
[Linked Image]

That's the first Deluxe SC I've ever seen and now, I want one!! Nice rifle, thanks for sharing.

It doesn't look like much to me. Looks like a rectangular box with some text in it saying "the image has been deleted".

Originally Posted by MOSSYOAK1957
[Linked Image]

Miss the nice pic MO frown
Sorry guys I didn't know if you delete the pic from photobucket it deletes it from where ever you sent it...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very nice. How much?
Ooohs and Auuughs may resume....
Originally Posted by sqweeler
Very nice. How much?

700.00 crazy
[Linked Image]

Real NICE shooter there!

A brochure I have shows the Marlin line up in around 1963 I believe. Can you spot your Marlin model?

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire