Home
Posted By: Hobie BLR Article - 10/21/10
Bruce Hamlin has published an article on the Browning Lever Rifle.
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: BLR Article - 10/21/10
Hobie,
Thanks for the post. The article was most interesting.

I have a BLR in 358 that is most accurate, and fun to shoot. Will take it to West Virginia this year for deer.

Steve
Posted By: viking Re: BLR Article - 10/21/10
Da--, I had a 243 that I bought from a guy way back in the 90's NIB for 350 dollars, another fella had a 257 Roberts and wanted to trade me even up, ah no. Should of traded. Now I have a Lighting in '06. Love it.
Posted By: Hobie Re: BLR Article - 10/22/10
I think the BLRs have been under-appreciated. Heck, I haven't even appreciated them. Now I'm looking at a 7mm-08 although, heaven knows, I don't need another such rifle.
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: BLR Article - 10/22/10
Hobie,
You need to get over that "I don't need another such rifle" syndrome.

Most of us have.

Steve
Posted By: Hobie Re: BLR Article - 10/26/10
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Hobie,
You need to get over that "I don't need another such rifle" syndrome.

Most of us have.

Steve
Well, I have, which is a problem. Moderation in all things. wink
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: BLR Article - 10/27/10
Hobie,
I was making fun of the rifle loonies,especially myself. The best rifle I will ever have is my next one.

Hope you get over your affliction!!

Steve
Posted By: Hobie Re: BLR Article - 10/31/10
Its highly unlikely I'll get over it based on past experience!
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: BLR Article - 11/02/10
Wanted to add my thanks for the link also. I recently purchased my first BLR in 243 and the article helped educate me. One thing I was confused on was the year of mfg after the letter "K". Mine says K47. I knew it wasn't made in '47 so I called Browning customer service and they told me it was made in 1974. Guess the Japanese worker got it backwards?

Any quirks I should no about with these rifles? Favorite loads? Small base dies recommended? Source for spare magazines?

Thanks for any and all input.
© 24hourcampfire