Home
Posted By: pira114 Buttstock cover - 03/18/11
Would like a buttstock cover for my Marlin 1894. Would be nice to have some loops for .45 Colt. I've checked levergunleather, but they seem fairly expensive for just a simple leather buttstock cover.

Anywhere else I can at least compare before I drop the coin?
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: Buttstock cover - 03/18/11
I use these to protect the stocks on my #1s. They work great. Beartooth
Posted By: pira114 Re: Buttstock cover - 03/18/11
Those look nice, and good price and all, but I'm looking for leather. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Thanks anyway.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Buttstock cover - 03/18/11
This guy's leather is top notch and reasonably priced. IIRC, he's a still a working cop also. I have a few of his Ching slings and one of his butt cuffs on my 30.30 trapper.

http://www.shottist.com/
Posted By: mudhen Re: Buttstock cover - 03/19/11
This is a good one:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

$49.25

www.ringlercustomleather.com/
Posted By: troutfly Re: Buttstock cover - 03/21/11
I have a butt cuff from leverguns leather on my Marlin 1894 as well as one of his slings and a couple of bullet lanyards, all in 44 mag. Lever does really good work and will craft what you want to your specs. He usually gets back to you within a day or so by e-mail and will give you a delivery date. He crafts to order so there isn't a stock you order from.
Posted By: pira114 Re: Buttstock cover - 03/21/11
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
This guy's leather is top notch and reasonably priced. IIRC, he's a still a working cop also. I have a few of his Ching slings and one of his butt cuffs on my 30.30 trapper.

http://www.shottist.com/

I went with this one. I emailed him just to see what he could do and for what price. Within half an hour he emailed me back. We talked back and forth and he had one made for me and sent pics! This guy is a class act. I can't speak to quality yet as it just shipped. Not sure how long it'll take, but when it gets here, I'll post a "first glance" review. Time is the real test of course, but you can usually spot good leather and craftsmanship right off. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Buttstock cover - 03/21/11
I'm sure you'll be pleased. Don't forget he makes the best Ching Sling out there also.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Buttstock cover - 03/22/11
I just got one of Andy's butt cuffs in. Very nice piece of gear. I am fixing to order another for my 357.

His contractor slings are, bar none, the very best sling I have ever used. I run the contractor on my 357, 444, and my 308 precision R700. On my 336 I use one of his Ching Slings.
Posted By: BLRNut Re: Buttstock cover - 03/31/11
Beartooth are inexpensive and they work well. I have them on 2 Ruger Levers.
© 24hourcampfire