Home
Posted By: Cruiser1 Win 94 Trapper price check - 04/03/13
Got the bug for my first lever action, whats a 98% condition Winchester 94 Trapper in 45LC worth? Good choice? Good caliber in this gun?
Thanks
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Trapper price check - 04/03/13
Probably $700-800. No such thing as a bad choice lever gun.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Trapper price check - 04/04/13
16" 30/30 button mag. Fun gun.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Trapper price check - 04/04/13
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Got the bug for my first lever action, whats a 98% condition Winchester 94 Trapper in 45LC worth? Good choice? Good caliber in this gun?
Thanks
I wouldn't want a 94 chambered in a pistol cartridge myself. That action was designed for rifle length cartridges and is overly long for the .45 Colt. For a pistol cartridge I'd choose the 92 action as it was designed for cartridges of that length. Can't even guess at a current value as I bought my 94 years ago and haven't kept up with prices.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Win 94 Trapper price check - 04/05/13
Thanks

theres one in this weeks gun digest magazine just like what you're looking for and he wants $650.

i personally think the marlin 1894 is a better choice. i have both modern marlins and wins and the marlin is just flat out a better gun. but only if you get a JM stamped one. the marlin equivalent will run you about 9 bills though because they are pretty rare. just saw one on GB and i think that was the price. patience is the key when looking for those.
Win 94 Trapper in 45 colt at 98% = $900.00 in our neck of the woods.
Win 94 in a pistol cartridge is like a Rossi 92 . YOU HOPE you get a good one! Its the parts availability issue with both now.
There are so many fix and improve your Rossi 92 on every gun forum it's not funny AND they will Never have any collector value.
I saw one at the Tulsa Show this weekend in 45 LC. Dealer wanted $950.

Wished I had one to go with my 94 Trapper in .44mag. I bought mine new back in 1995 for $375 brand new. It's a very accurate little carbine! Great for hogs!
Does safety matter? Its a crossbolt gun? How about same gun in 30-30,lower value?
Thanks
How do you tell the difference in a Trapper and a Ranger?
Posted By: Green1 Re: Win 94 Trapper price check - 04/13/13
They buy some of the fur on speculation and they buy some of it for orders they have. They put together large lots of a specific size and / or grade and then offer the lot to their customers.
Posted By: Rangr44 Re: Win 94 Trapper price check - 04/13/13

How do you tell the difference in a Trapper and a Ranger?

Ranger models usually have non-walnut stock(s), and a different, less labor-intensive polish prior to bluing.

© 24hourcampfire