Home
What do you think I can get as a trade in for a Winchester 94 trails end 44 magnum tang safety in excellent shape?

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/historic-detail.asp?offset=48&mid=534093

Mine has nicer wood and I thought a 22 inch barrel...
I sold my 44 mag Winchester 94, tang safety with the standard barrel for $450 a few months ago..

I'd think at least what I got for mine...
Originally Posted by WPAH

What do you think I can get as a trade in for a Winchester 94 trails end 44 magnum tang safety in excellent shape?

Any FFL/dealer will only inpute about 50% of it's selling value, when a trade's involved - they have to eat & keep the lights on, too.

You'll always fare better selling the rifle separately first, then buying whatever.

Originally Posted by Rangr44
Originally Posted by WPAH

Any FFL/dealer will only inpute about 50% of it's selling value, when a trade's involved - they have to eat & keep the lights on, too.

You'll always fare better selling the rifle separately first, then buying whatever.

Found that out today.
The offer from one place was ignorant.
WPAH: PM in-bound.

Thanks,

John
That is quite correct. Dealers will typically offer about 50% of value and ask as much as 150%.
$450 would seem pretty fair to me. I'd like to try one of those out some day. With good pictures I figure it would be an easy sell in the classifieds here.
thats why i never trade or sell guns to dealers. they have to make money. i don't begrudge them that. 50-70% of resale value is what to expect. the easier it will be for them to move, the more they will give you for it.
Also you could list it for trade here in the classifieds, lots of swapping goes on with the selling. Might find just what you want.
I sold it for $450 locally.
If I would not have been able to sell it locally, then I definitely would have posted it here.
Thanks guys.
i sold a 45 Trail's End about 3 months ago for $650... i paid shipping to the buyer for that.
I believe I sold you that one a few years back, The trails end with tang safety command more than the thru receiver type. If it's in the same condition I'd start at $700.
© 24hourcampfire