Home
Posted By: pacecars Sling for Browning 71 carbine - 03/30/14
What is the best way to sling a 71 carbine?
Posted By: EdM Re: Sling for Browning 71 carbine - 03/30/14
http://www.turnbullmfg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=646077&showprevnext=1
Levergun leather did mine, quite happy with it.

[Linked Image]
I used an Uncle Mike's set for a 20 gauge shotgun. The mag tube OD is very close to the diameter of a 20 gauge barrel so I used the barrel mount there, and the rear mount doesn't care what it goes on. Worked pretty good.
I just put a barrel band that fit the magazine diameter on it & very carefully installed a bottom swivel stud, works great
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I used an Uncle Mike's set for a 20 gauge shotgun. The mag tube OD is very close to the diameter of a 20 gauge barrel so I used the barrel mount there, and the rear mount doesn't care what it goes on. Worked pretty good.

Any pictures?
No, I don't have any pictures of that rifle. It left here a long time ago. I bought that the year Browning brought them out and kept it for a couple seasons. I took pictures of the deer I shot with it, but not the rifle.

What I did was take calipers and measure the OD of the mag tube and then looked at what Uncle Mike's clamp-on set was under that diameter. 20 gauge was perfect.
Ordered one of the Turnbull quick slings. I like not having to put a hole in the stock plus I can use it with my Shiloh Sharps
© 24hourcampfire