Home
Posted By: tarzan Longer stock for Rossi 92 ??? - 08/01/15
What are you guys solutions for lengthening the butt stock on these guns?

I'm 6'2" and I love the gun but dam thing is just too short for my shooting comfort. It feels like my kid's bb gun!

Thanks,
I am 6ft3 and shoot mine as is. How about a slip over recoil pad, if that helps then get one ground to fit.
Years ago when I first started shooting competitively I was using an old 03 Springfield that had the notoriously short stock. I cut a 1" piece of wood and placed it in a slip on recoil pad and used that. Your problem would be you would need to fit the wood to the curvature of the Rossi butt plate.

Another soloution is to send the Rossi stock to Boyds and have them duplicate it for another,but as long asyou want. Should not be too costly
I'd prefer a longer stock but no maker offers a custom length. I might have to make my own.

I'm hoping to find an elegant solution but so far I haven't seen anything that I'd be willing to put on my gun.
I do believe Boyds could help you and it would no tbe a custom stock. Worth it to give them a call at least.
http://www.levergunleather.com/p_buttstock_covers.htm

try one of the leather smiths
It would add some class and help with the stock length.
Posted By: rogn Re: Longer stock for Rossi 92 ??? - 08/31/15
Im 6'3" and I use a slipon Sims pad, but the problem I have is that my wife who is 5'2" likes to shoot it and Im trying to find a takeoff to shorten for her.
© 24hourcampfire