Home
Hello the board,

I've had a hankering to try out a pistol grip on my 1894 .44 mag, like on the 1894FG (.41 mag) but have not been able to find any stocks or levers online. I believe the 1894FGs are kinda hard to find, at least I've never laid hands on one. I've no interest in a .41, but really would like to try that stock setup on my .44.

Couple questions, #1 is it as simple as swapping out a couple parts or is it more involved?
#2 can you even buy replacement stocks and levers for the FG?

Jason
Posted By: Odessa Re: pistol grip on Marlin 1894 - 07/30/16
I like the pistol grip stock on mine. This one was made in 2003, don't think they have made another run since. May be a difference in the forearm for the Mag Tube diameter - not sure as I don't have a 44 MAG to compare. The M1894 in 357 MAG may be your best option - have the tube opening bored out a bit.

[Linked Image]
Thanks Odessa, I've an 1894c in 357 as well, and they were all (to my knowledge) straight stocked as well. All I'm looking for is the buttstock and lever. And any other parts needed to make the conversion.
Posted By: Odessa Re: pistol grip on Marlin 1894 - 07/30/16
I gotcha. Wouldn't the lower tang have to be replaced or modified (bent) to the curvature of the PG buttstock?
Originally Posted by Odessa
Wouldn't the lower tang have to be replaced or modified (bent) to the curvature of the PG buttstock?
Yes.
Posted By: TheKid Re: pistol grip on Marlin 1894 - 07/30/16
They made PG 1894s for one year in 357,41,44,and 45 caliber. And darned few of each caliber. To convert you need a tang and a lever, the butt stock is not caliber specific and fits any PG Marlin from the 39A on up. Good luck ever finding a tang, I worked in a Marlin service center for a decade and never was able to get my hands on any
I am surprised one of the Marlin gunsmiths specializing in the 1894/336 lever guns have not offered a "PG" lever and tang for the conversion.

Doc
Posted By: molly Re: pistol grip on Marlin 1894 - 07/31/16
Here you go..................

http://www.mulemangunworks.com/pistol-grip-conversions/

Muleman is GTG too..........!
double that on muleman...gtgx2
Thanks for link and the tips guys.
Posted By: micky Re: pistol grip on Marlin 1894 - 08/31/16
I have a 1894 PG butt stock in my basement if you are interested.
© 24hourcampfire