Home
Posted By: Chumleyhunts Henry Big Boy Steel - 10/19/16
I just saw online that Henry is making their Steel Frame Big Boy in .41 mag. Has anyone handled one (or any other caliber). I'm most likely going to order one for my Dad as a gift, as I can't find a Marlin that they aren't asking a fortune for. Just looking for anyone who has had one or shot one to get a little unbiased review.
Posted By: Frontiersman Re: Henry Big Boy Steel - 10/25/16
I picked up a .41 earlier this year. Fit and finish is great. Quite possibly the best lever action I have handled out of the box. Smooth, accurate and feeds anything I put through it.

I thought I would miss the loading gate, but in all actuality it's a breeze to load and shoot. I'll be adding some other calibers.
Posted By: 2guns Re: Henry Big Boy Steel - 11/12/16
I bought one in a 357 with brass and octagon barrel. Older eyes so I put a scope on it and it just didn't look right. Ordering a skinner peep for it. Smoothest lever I've ever owned and even with having issues seeing the rear sight no issues knocking tin cans around at 60-70 yards. Wish I had bought it in 45 colt to match my vaquero. I'm looking for the 45 and the 41 myself.
© 24hourcampfire