Home
The only gunsmith who specializes in Rossi/Puma 92 lever rifles I'm aware of is Steve Young. He is booked far into the future. I have a Rossi/Puma 92 on which I need substantial work done. Please identify gunsmiths whom you trust to do good action AND stock work on the rifle.
Steve's the main man for '92's.

Not sure who else.

Sometimes quality is worth the wait. How far out is he booked?

DF
More than a year out
Wow!

Glad I used him back in the day. He tuned up a 1910 vintage .38-40 '92 with very reasonable turn around.

Seems he's THE '92 guru and there doesn't seem to be a fall back or alternate smith.

DF
Dirtfarmer,
It might help if you were to make a list of all the details of your project. From present caliber, type barrel, etc to finished project.

I know a top gunsmith north of Houston that has done good work on my 100 + year old Winchester 1892, but I would never ask him about a project without all the details in writing. Nor will I pass on contact information without details, as that is often a waste of time for all parties.

Best of luck with your project.

Tom Sargis at Bozeman Trail gunsmiths, (406)223-1111
Tom did action jobs on a pair of cowboy action USFA Rodeos some years back, does good work and is a nice guy to deal with. He may work on '92's, not sure, need to give him a call.

He lives pretty close to Mike Venturino, does a lot of Mike's gunsmithing.

Shrapnel lives in that general area, whether or not that's a plus... laugh

DF
What I want done is orders of magnitude more demanding than I am capable of doing. The short description of results wanted is: Convert my Rossi/Puma 92 stainless steel 454 Casull carbine to 45 Colt rifle with half-pistol grip and shotgun butt stock - of which I have the 24-inch octagon 45 Colt barrel and full length magazine tube assembly.

Since my solitary 45 Colt load, presently used in my Freedom Arms 97, is comparable with a top end Ruger Blackhawk's, that is why I insisted on using the 454 Casull action as the basis for my rifle.
© 24hourcampfire