Home
I found this old elk rack at an antique shop, it makes a cool way to display my Mod 1895

[Linked Image]
propped in the corner behind the door...
I live in the suburbs, so I hide my firearms from my neighbors, particularly my anti-gun neighbors.
That's a cool display.

I miss the days when we could have nice gun cabinets with glass fronted doors. I always wanted one growing up. When I got to a point where I had enough guns to need a cabinet and could afford a nice one, things had changed enough that we needed gun safes instead of cabinets.
I do have a safe where most of my guns are kept but some guns are too beautiful to keep out of sight. If I have a particular gun or guns that I love, I like to look at them and appreciate them. When I'm gone away they can go in the safe where they're protected from theft or fire but when I'm home I can enjoy the feelings they inspire when I look at them.

I experienced a break in a few years ago but luckily I got the guns back that were taken. I have ADT now and feel more secure.

Normally all guns are kept locked up in a safe. If I'm at a collector show or needing to take a few pics I just use 5 gun stands that break down.

[Linked Image]

For home, I did finally decide that I wanted something to display guns that looked nice. Nothing would be stored in it - that's what safes are for. But nice to bring out the toys when appreciative folks are stopping by. But looking at larger gun display cases had me choking... I don't blame the guys for the prices that kind of work brings, but quite a bit higher than I was willing to go.

So, my wife found a 50 year old china hutch at a local thrift store and I'm about done turning it into a 14 gun display case. Oh yeah, spent a total of $100 on the china hutch. Nobody wants them any more, too big and too hard to move and nobody has china. Check your thrift stores and craigslist.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fence post......or the safe...... grin

[Linked Image]
Usually up against a gun rack table in my tent in hunting camp.

Nobody comes to my house except mebbe Oldman03 and MilesPatton. laugh

And they both have seen all my old wore out stuff.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

And they both have seen all my old wore out stuff.

dude...
Rifles!
My Henry rifles

[Linked Image]
Sometimes on a blanket. Top gun is an old Marlin .410, great rabbit gun

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RWE
propped in the corner behind the door...

Yep ^^! However, one is near the door to the deck, because of the coyotes that like to run thru in front of the deck.

But a couple are in a hidden safe.
My first deer taken in 1951 when I was 15 years old and the Mod 94 30-30, 65 years ago. That's me in the picture to the right with my buck on my Dad's 1949 Nash.

[Linked Image]
Ron I like the Elk Gun rack & The 1895 rifle in it! man Nice Buck to start out with!
Bucks were bigger back then John. I can remember my Dad and I in the 50's driving north on old 27 and seeing the Hugh bucks on the car fenders coming back south from the U P
In today's world, they are not displayed.
In my gun vault. Its pretty handy when people come visit to be able to walk around and see,talk about them.

http://www.pbase.com/loggah/guns_11-07&page=all
Some day I'm gonna road trip and drop the wife off in Connecticut and show up to beg for a peek, Don. grin

[Linked Image]
Its worth the Trip! Don & Cherl are Great People! Ron I bet that old marlin 410 is a good one for rabbits! I came close to buying one, was in a gun shop down state, in good shape for $525, been about 8-9 years left for about 2 hrs pondering it went back to buy it and was gone!
You've heard the expression, "You snooze you lose" frown

I sold the gun in the picture 5 years ago for over 2k, The receiver was engraved.

I just paid $1350.00 for another one, but if you love lever guns like I do you'll pay whatever it takes. They're mighty rare, Google it and you'll see why

http://www.marlinforum.com/Marlins-unique-410-Lever-Action-Shotgun.html
The early Marlin 410 that i have has the shorter 22" barrel, The other stock option marlin i have is the model 49 pump shotgun.I think most people opted for the 410.
Originally Posted by Loggah
In my gun vault. Its pretty handy when people come visit to be able to walk around and see,talk about them.

http://www.pbase.com/loggah/guns_11-07&page=all

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.

Paradise in New Hampshire. cry
grin grin not paradise ,just a nice place to hang out ! grin
We have a winner [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Loggah
grin grin not paradise ,just a nice place to hang out ! grin

Were I permitted a good bottle of scotch and food delivery, I could spend a dang week in there, and yes, I'd empty my own drool bucket. grin
© 24hourcampfire