Home
Posted By: Fotis 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/21/17
The new Winchester or the Browning? Which would you choose and why?

Price for a new one is the same about 1400 or so
Posted By: moosemike Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/22/17
The quality is top shelf with either of them. The advantage the Winchester has is they're brand new.
Posted By: Fotis Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/22/17
They are both new in box
I'd pick a vintage Winchester, but that's just me.
Originally Posted by Fotis
The new Winchester or the Browning? Which would you choose and why?

Price for a new one is the same about 1400 or so

Fotis, please excuse me if I'm wrong, but didn't you buy a beautiful Japanese Browning high grade 71 a couple years ago? If so, what is wrong with that one? Thanks..
Posted By: EdM Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/22/17
Does the Winchester have a safety? I own a Browning Carbine and I cannot imagine anything else being better with regard to fit and finish.
Posted By: North61 Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/22/17
Browning..don't the new Winchesters have a tang safety?
I don't see anything on Winchester's website about a Model 71, can someone post a link?
Posted By: Fotis Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/23/17
BSA

Sellers remorse buddy! Story of my life, But did buy a NIB Browning yesterday!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I don't see anything on Winchester's website about a Model 71, can someone post a link?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/614986057
Thanks, I thought I'd seen them offered by Winchester at one time but the various iterations of the reproductions of their classic lever actions all seem so short lived.

If the Winchester has the tang safety and rebounding hammer I'd get the Browning in a heartbeat. Winchester is playing to pure nostalgia with their various lever action repros but if you're going traditional lever action might as well get one built to the original design. Double so if the Browning is factory d&t for a peep sight.
It is D&T
Originally Posted by Fotis
BSA

Sellers remorse buddy! Story of my life, But did buy a NIB Browning yesterday!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cool man. Your other one was too pretty to take out in the woods anyway. This one, you'll be able to actually hunt with. Congrats, looks like a damn nice classy rifle...
Posted By: EdM Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/24/17
I will be taking my 71 pig hunting in March. Really a fine rifle that shoots very well. A helluva a lot less expensive than even a beater Winchester and put together better given what I have handled. I was seriously looking for a Winchester too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steelhead Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/24/17
Almost as good as a 356...
Posted By: Fotis Re: 348 Win Which Rifle??? - 01/29/17
how so?
© 24hourcampfire