Home
Their sale started today, and I need some.

https://www.kuiu.com/products/kutana-storm-gaiter-verde-camouflage-2-0?variant=40340365443230
While I've some folks attention, I also need to get some hot weather Gaiters.
The Yukons are awesome. Very durable.

Can’t comment on their other models.
The Yukon is my favourite gaiter.
Have Yukon’s. Held up pretty well to several years of shale so no complaints. Leaning towards the SG ones next time to try though.
I just ordered the Storm gaiters & Super Down Pro Pant., color - Verde.

Didn't see much difference between the Storm & the Yukon. Storm is on sale & a bit lighter.

Sure like some of those Down coats, but I've got 3-4 hunting coats, laf.
Mike
The Kuiu Scree is what I use during my local hot weather season. They are pretty comfy and lightweight.
Yeah those do look good, I'll get a pair next order. 4.4oz !
Gaiters are a love/hate relationship with me,

The Yukons that I had really weren’t built correctly for people with large calf’s,

Then when wearing Gaiters my feet sweat even more.

Other than in snow, No gaiters for me….

But, yes, You do need the Down Pro Parka for that price.
I have 19-1/2 inch calves and they recommended the XL and they fit me very well. Not too snug. In my opinion the XL would be too big for you unless you like them really loose. Great gaiters.
I have been impressed with the Kuiu line of gaiters. Have used most the top of the line gaiters over the years. Kuiu are very well made. I am also working with 40 oz vinyl for work and the stuff works great for repairs and straps. Anyone need some hit me up!
I like the Yukons - they can be noisy like any other gaiter so I don’t use them if I’m tracking or on approach. They fit great though & are very durable. One thing - they close off some of the boot/foot ability to breathe which works for & against ya.

I just hit that sale for a bunch of Merino. That NuYarn stuff is outstanding imo.
Yukon here as well- three long, tough seasons with them thus far- had a small, sharp stob finally poke a hole this season- just patched from the inside and good to go
Kuiu put the Yukons on sale yesterday, I'll probably be happy with the Storm gaiters.
Mail back Mike needs to return the gaiters, the large size won't fit an 11 merrell 'shoe' , not even close.

And I see that they are out of the X-Large.
Always wear them on elk hunts
Keeps pants dry
Keeps laces tied
Protection from sharp sticks and cactus

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Wow great elk !!!

Got my exchange XL, light weight and appear well made.

These seem small to me X-Large and they barely fit over size 11 shoes/boots [Merrell] with the velcro adjustment all the way out.?...
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Wow great elk !!!

These seem small to me X-Large and they barely fit over size 11 shoes/boots [Merrell] with the velcro adjustment all the way out.?...
Calf size?

How heavy are clothes you are wearing under them?
16 1/2'' pant leg pulled up no clothes.
Good fit with Rocky synthetic thermals and Lee jeans.
Enough room for more layers.

They are well made, not too heavy.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Wow great elk !!!

I had mentioned above that the kuiu gators for me were unusually difficult in finding the proper sizing,

I like kuiu gear, but the sizing can be mysterious.
In the span of 2 years; started with Kennetreck, then OR and now the Kuiu. By far to be the Kuiu Yukons are my favorites. Very well built
© 24hourcampfire