Home
Posted By: knthartter some help please - 12/28/10
Hi guys a while back some one posted about a backpacking/float trip they did with their wife. I was trying to find the post to checkout the tent combo it was a Golite shangri-la 5 with a MLD nest inside. any one know the post or who posted.

Thanks
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: some help please - 12/28/10
That was Luke, aka Alaska_Lanche and his wife Becca. I think this is the thread your looking for. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...0_mile_tour_of_the_Talkeetna#Post4213936
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: some help please - 12/28/10
Yeah I have a setup like that. What would you like to know about it??
Posted By: wildone Re: some help please - 12/29/10
Luke , Just read that whole thread on your trip. Nice Job man great post.

sorry to the op for the sidebar , back to the original question.
Posted By: knthartter Re: some help please - 12/29/10
Hi Luke,
I was trying to find your post to look at your tent combo again. I saw it a week or two ago and liked it. I need to get a good all around tent set up and I think the shangri-la 5 would be great all around. Take the Shangri-la with the nest (5Ib 9 oz) good for my whole family to backpack in, with the MDL duo nest its looking about 3 Ib 11 oz good for me and a buddy, Then if im alone i have an outback cabin to my self. How was the duo nest fit wise was it plenty of room for the both of you? How strong was your 2 hiking stick center post do you think it would stand up with snow? And last loved the rafts for fishing here in the high sierra, how tuff is the rafts material?

Thanks for the help guys
© 24hourcampfire