Home
I am looking for a solo tent, that can hold me and gear on SE Alaska alpine hunts (1 or 2 night trips). I am 6' 8" / 275lbs and need a larger floor size and would like to be able to sit up right inside the tent. one tent i have found is the Sierra Designs Zolo 1 Tent but wouldn't mind hearing opinions on it and other tents. I don't want to spend over $200 on the tent. I am also interested in keeping the weight of the tent to a minimum.

I've done tarps and bivy's. I want something to get me out of the weather and bugs!
That tent seems like it would work but is a little heavy for a solo tent. Take a look at the Marmot Eos 1P, it's got enough room for you and a vestibule for your gear and is also a bit lighter than the Zolo.

http://marmot.com/products/eos_1p?p=11871
Have you considered a tarp that can close all the sides ?
Love my SD lightning 2 & 4. My 1 man tent is the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1. It's light, goes up quick & the "vestibule" is big enough for my pack. You can't sit up in it though.
I love my Marmot EOS 1P and i just fit in at 6'@ 210#, But if your 6'8" start looking for a longer tent.
The zolo 2 is looking more comfortable (96" x 54") and right at 5lbs. might have to go with a 2 person tent vs. 1 person. i could also have my gear in the tent with me. time to start watching for good prices!

At your height I would be leaning two person as well.
Originally Posted by larch
The zolo 2 is looking more comfortable (96" x 54") and right at 5lbs. might have to go with a 2 person tent vs. 1 person. i could also have my gear in the tent with me. time to start watching for good prices!

Here ya go: SD Zolo 2 For $174.95 Shipped

MtnHtr
If you don't mind a non-freestanding tent, the Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight is real nice tent.

http://www.camping.org/sierra-designs-clip-flashlight-155/
just bought a marmot titan 2 person from sierra trading post. with the coupon int was 116.
I'd think long and hard about ordering anything from sunnysports.com... certainly not a co. I'd recommend on an internet BB.
Originally Posted by Brad
I'd think long and hard about ordering anything from sunnysports.com... certainly not a co. I'd recommend on an internet BB.

I've ordered several times from SunnySports and never an issue. Fast shipping too.

SunnySports.com reviews

MtnHtr
© 24hourcampfire