Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Core4Element - 07/14/11
I have never heard of this stuff until today, anyone using this stuff and have a review on it? Looking at the Element jacket and possibly some merino wool stuff.

http://www.core4element.com/
Posted By: Ed_T Re: Core4Element - 07/14/11
Looks like good stuff. I'll probably try the Merino zip-hoody and the boxers at least.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Core4Element - 07/14/11
I picked up several of the boxers and the shirts on camofire awhile back. Wish I had bought more!
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 07/14/11
Camofire has the Element jacket for $125, am seriously considering giving it a shot. That merino stuff sounds good too.
Posted By: SnowyMountaineer Re: Core4Element - 07/14/11
Thanks for the link.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Core4Element - 07/14/11
I have the shirts, pants and boxxers. They are awsome and great price, so I bought the jacket and pants today. Both for less than the Sitka 90% jacket. They will send a fre beanie and belt as well. Hopefully they are as well built as the Merino wool stuff I bought.
And you didn't share this with us?? Shame on you... wink blush

My 90% jacket is faded so I needed something that would go with my 90% pants and this jacket should do the trick. No hood though.
Posted By: ehunter Re: Core4Element - 07/14/11
Is there any where else you can buy from other than camofire? The other on line site is not open.

There is a lot of new competition for Sitka now. I think Highmountain outfitters is going to have a similar line or maybe its the core4 element seems like it was in a catalogue I received?
From what I found there is no place else to buy this stuff. If you go to purchase the jacket they also give you chance to get the pants too. I ordered the jacket but don't need the pants but would like to score on some of that merino wool gear.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Core4Element - 07/14/11
The Merino is great so get it when it comes up again! I like that there are so many companies making technical clothing. I like Sitka but their pricing has pushed me away and my original stuff is still in great shape. I myself did not want a hood, but had to have pit-zips. I have not found the Core4 stuffanywhere else???
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 07/19/11
I received my Element jacket today and fit and finish appears to be very good. It doesn't have pit zips but does have what they call "core" zips so staying cool doesn't seem like it will be a problem. This is not a heavy jacket and seems to be designed for warmer temps but you can also layer underneath it. Fitment is pretty good and unlike Sitka, I ordered a large and it fits the same as the XL Sitka 90% jacket that I own.

Sleeves fit snug around the wrist which I like and the shoulders are a bit loose which I also like. The tail hangs down a bit lower than the front which is a nice touch for sitting and keeping the wind out. The collar can be snugged up and has a comfortable soft fleece like lining to it.

I'm taking it with me this weekend on a sheep scouting mission but doubt it will get a real good test until I actually start my hunt. For $125 plus shipping, this is a very good buy. Oh yeah, the beanie I got for free is kinda cool but it made my wife chuckle a little bit. That's ok, it will keep my ears warm on those windy days.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Core4Element - 07/19/11
Good deal! Hope mine gets here today!
Posted By: ehunter Re: Core4Element - 07/19/11
Look forward to your review its nice to hear some reports about alternative options did you purchase the Krptek rain gear?
Not sure if your post is directed at me but no, I haven't purchased their rain gear yet, i'll probably get the Pridbor Defender jacket before I go sheep hunting or might just run something to go over my Element jacket. I would definitley like to have the Defender before my moose hunt starts in September.
Well the USPO was nice enough to deliver my Core4Element jacket and pants and granted all I can do is try them on it 95+ heat, but first impression is A BIG BANG for the buck! It will be my new elk hunting suit fo sure. I like the free belt better than the Kuiu and Sitka. The fit is perfect and not only is the price great at $260 for the jacket, pants, beanie, and belt but there is no let down on quality. I have a bunch of Sitka and think it is every bit as good in the fit and quality.

A great catch for someone wanting high-quality, technical clothing. I now have the Merino tops, boxxers, bottoms, jacket, pants, etc. and can say it is great stuff!

Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Core4Element - 07/19/11
Looked at the Core4 website. I like their stuff, but...

When the heck is someone going to make pants with more than a 31 or 32 inch inseam?!?!?

Don't these companies (Ahem - Sitka) know tha some of us need longer pants.

Take a hint from Cabela's and offer pants in a 'Long' version.

Until then, I'll stick with my Arborwear Tech Pants. Not perfect material, but at least they fit right.
They had Long pants as an option when I bought mine. The long size has 34" inseam.I wear 34" and the pants feel longer.
Yes they do have the option for a longer inseam, look at their sizing chart, it's all right there at the bottom of the page.

http://www.core4element.com/products/element-pant/

I stand corrected!

Awesome!

Thanks
Now I have to find them on CamoFire
And it looks like they might be adding to the Camo choices.

Hoping for some Max-1
Posted By: Huntr Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Thanks for the link, I had never heard of them before. Do the pants have stretch?

I really like the merino hoody!
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Camofire actually has the pants going right now. $125.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
"Do the pants have stretch?"

Yes they do. They have thigh vents as well and will make a great elk hunting suit!
Posted By: Huntr Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Thank you.
Posted By: ehunter Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Camofire has the then on now today 7/20
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
And if you buy the pants, you can get the jacket at the same time as the extra item.
Posted By: Brent13 Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Yes, 32" inseam is not going to work for me. Looks like nice stuff however. Last year I bought a full set of Russell stuff. I like it a lot, and is available at my local Sportsmans Warehouse, so I am sticking with Russell.

Brent
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Than get the 34" inseam!
Originally Posted by Brent13
Yes, 32" inseam is not going to work for me. Looks like nice stuff however. Last year I bought a full set of Russell stuff. I like it a lot, and is available at my local Sportsmans Warehouse, so I am sticking with Russell.

Brent
Order the tall version, it comes with a longer inseam.
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Still on CamoFire, but out of the Medium talls. Bummer.
Posted By: jockc Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Noticed on the sizing chart that the waist sizes run small for a given size. I always wear medium, but went with a large on these.
I know Kendall changed the sizing chart yesterday after all the questions he got concerning the sizing of these garments. The large Element jacket I bought fits like my XL 90% jacket so their size chart a bit more true to size than Sitkas.
Posted By: ehunter Re: Core4Element - 07/20/11
Looks like they will be getting in some of their lighter weight pants next week as well.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 08/04/11
Anyone else buy any of this stuff? Just bought the Switchback pant yesterday and it comes with the Talus belt, which looks exactly like the Bomber belt made by Sitka.

Was wondering if anyone has purchased any of the merino wool stuff yet. I'm trying to get some but it seems to be hard to come by.
Posted By: ehunter Re: Core4Element - 08/04/11
I bought the element pants but sent them back the knees had a seam for the knee pad and it caught across my knees it was a bad fit. Kendel said they had a real problem with those seams in that pant. He let me keep the belt it looks the same as the belt at Kuiu and Stika sells.

I don't know about the lighter weight pants? I will be curious how they really stackup to the stika ascent pant if any one has any input at 85 they are a lot cheaper?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 08/05/11
Glad you mentioned that about the Element pants, I might go with the Kryptek heavier Koldo Blockade pant instead. Am also considering their Prydbor jacket for hunting in cooler weather.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Core4Element - 08/05/11
i see that the element and kuiu jackets are 'water repellant'. do you carry extra rain gear and if so what? thanks
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 08/05/11
I usually carry my Impertech but i'm looking for other options right now. Seriously considering the Marmot Aegis jacket and Precip pants.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Core4Element - 08/05/11
Thanks AK, and good fortune on your dall hunt. Wish i was agoin. Have you ever considered ebay for a slightly used cashmere sweater over moreno?
Posted By: broomd Re: Core4Element - 08/06/11
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I usually carry my Impertech but i'm looking for other options right now. Seriously considering the Marmot Aegis jacket and Precip pants.

The precips are fantastic. My go-to's for many years now...

Pack small, too.
I've worn them on Kodiak several times in the worst **** possible and will be taking them for goat is a few weeks...proven time and time again.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: eyeball Re: Core4Element - 08/06/11
Has anyone tried the Russell APX Cyclone jacket
Posted By: ehunter Re: Core4Element - 08/09/11
Has any one gotten the light pants and what are impressions?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 08/09/11
Are you talking about the Switchback pants? If so, I have a pair and the fit and finish is very good on them but the one thing that may need some tweaking are the knee pads. I put them in and they fall below my knee but when I get down on my knees like I was going to do some stalking, they seemed to fall into place. I would leave them out until I needed them as they are light enough to carry in the daypack.

Still having trouble deciding on a rain jacket, right now the Marmot Aegis jacket and the PreCip pants are the front runners.
Posted By: broomd Re: Core4Element - 08/10/11
Core4Element at Camofire tonight for half price of retail....$125. Smokin' deal on great gear.

Edit>>> jackets are up now at $125 with "free ship option" for pants which are offered at $125.

Get 'em while you can guys; they are going fast. Pants have "tall" size options too...
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: Core4Element - 08/10/11
Picked up the Jacket. Heard some weird things about the pants. Will report back on the jacket when I get it. Hoping to put it up next to my 90% and see how it fairs.
Posted By: broomd Re: Core4Element - 08/10/11
I did too.

Hopefully it compares in quality and finish...
Posted By: HntElk Re: Core4Element - 08/24/11
I picked up the jacket and pant deal...the fit for me was not that good....the arms, especially the forearms were too tight to ever wear any layers...this was an XL. I am 5'9" 200lbs, 10% BF.

The area around chest, shoulders, length of arms and the rest of the fit was perfect. I could have exchanged it or an XXL but don't like wearing big belly baggy jackets just to fit my arms.

Most jackets I find, the shoulders and chest area is too tight and belly area is too big.

I also got the pants...I will tell you for me they ran a size too small...I am a 34 waist so I ordered the large...I could wear them but again...no layers were going underneath...lol

Once again I could have exchanged for an XL but the rise of the pants were already way too long to wear. I felt like the crotch was almost to my knees so the XL would be ridiculous.

Camofire refunded my money no problem and were great to deal with but I am waiting on them for the next batch they have made to see if the fit is better.
Posted By: broomd Re: Core4Element - 08/25/11
Just got back from a mountain goat hunt in Alaska...
The core4element jacket performed flawlessly. I wore it in light drizzle for days and it was excellent with no leak-through. I only needed my Marmot precip rain gear for real downpours.

I didn't take my core4element pants, just the element jacket.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 08/25/11
Glad to hear the jacket performed as advertised. I'm taking both the jacket and pants along with my 90% jacket and pants and will do a comparison on my sheep hunt which starts tomorrow.

So how was the goat hunt?
Posted By: broomd Re: Core4Element - 08/26/11
Goat hunt was great, AMH:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pointer Re: Core4Element - 08/26/11
Great goat and super great picture!!
Posted By: 340boy Re: Core4Element - 08/26/11
Originally Posted by broomd
Goat hunt was great, AMH:

[Linked Image]

Very nice indeed!

I'm envious.
smile
Posted By: Huntr Re: Core4Element - 08/26/11
Congrats on a nice goat!
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Core4Element - 09/07/11
Just saw this one. Nice goat Frank, now post the story and gear list buddy!
© 24hourcampfire