Home
Posted By: CCH Latest Ed T Backcountry Journal - 08/19/12
Looks great Ed. I especially liked your "Essentials Kit" article. Good job on minimizing, and you have me taking a closer look at my gear. Thanks!
Thanks Chris!

Nest issue will be out in September.
Where do I find this?
Originally Posted by mike_d
Where do I find this?

+1
Originally Posted by Huntr
Originally Posted by mike_d
Where do I find this?

+1

Hi Guys. The Ed T's Backcountry Journal is an e magazine. It has 6 issues/year. The first issue came out in April. The 2nd issue came out today. A year's subscription is $12.99 and also entitles you to a 5% discount on any Ed Backcountry products or education.

If interested, you can paypal to:

[email protected]

or if check or money order works better, you can PM for a mailing address.

Best'
Gotta get one of those knives...love the Moras.
I dug it also...
Many useful information for back country, It is really worth to buy it.

The first issue, i read it and read it again.

Looking forward the 2nd issue.

wolfmen
Ed, I didn't get mine...?
Hi Nathan,

Don't know how I missed you, but I just sent it.

Let me know when you get it or if you don't.
Got it. Good read.

Thanks!
Great reading ED, I have been thru the multi tool thing also and I like small vise grips but I might just try those small channel locks and see how they work.
Oh yeah... I was going to mail you 12 bucks...
Ed

Excellent issue, your vast experience really shows. I have a couple questions.

Would the mora work as a hunting knife as well ? If so it could do dual duty and server to augment the Havilon

How reliable is the led flashlight ? Ive had reliability issues with all the lighter led lights that have adjutable output.

If you could do this is a blog format it would work well to answer questions

Thanks
Kevin
Kevin,

The Mora would work fine as a hunting knife but I would alsways carry one of the Semi-Ulu knives as well.

[Linked Image]

I have no problem with Fenix LED flashlights at all. I have three, a single AAA, single AA and double AA. I have also had zero problems with Surefire LED flashlights.

The blog idea is an interesting thought.
That semi ulu is just cool.
I've used a Mora of one form or another for the last couple of years as a hunting knife. They are an excellent hunting knife, especially for the price.
I've got a Swedish Frost (made with Mora steel) that has put more animals in white paper than I can count. Never took it hunting though...
© 24hourcampfire