Home
My feet get cold in the bag and I tend to have to get up at 2AM to pee.

Does anyone pack down booties to sleep in and for padding around camp? I know, I know... I'm a wimp cry
I have a pair of thinsulate ones that I wear when I go to bed but usually take off after the bag gets warmed up. I don't think they'd last long running around on the dirt, though.
I'ntergral design not socks. I use them as you discuss, I even used them in my shoes on a recent outing when it was cold and snowy in the morning
Kevin T I looked a web site and could not tell the weight of the hot socks. I think that is what you were speaking of.
I think 4 ounces
Thanks for the hot socks ref Kevin_T.

If you use such things already then I don't feel so wimpy anymore smile
I don't have so much of an issue when sleeping in my bag, but I put them on in case I need to get up in the night for any reason. I don't like getting pine duff or sticks stuck in my wool socks. The also increase warmth for times when you aren't moving much and need the extra heat. Granted, they are a little slick in your shoe and it's best if your shoe is oversized by 1/2 a size. It's a fair trade off to me though. My biggest problem with hunting comfort is usually freezing my butt off the last hour of daylight waiting somewhere. For reference, I used them in my mesh style running shoe through snow for about hrs in a high basin and they were wonderful. My feet would have been very cold without.

Down booties are to big and fragile for this sort of dual duty.

wear wool socks and pack a pair of Crock slip on shoes. Very light and work great for a mid night trip outside. Also great to put on at the end of a day so your boots can start drying and giving your feet a break.
I bring/wear hot socks and crocs. Put the hot socks on as soon as the boots come off, and your feet start drying out. Can't wear them in the bag unless it is really cold outside - too warm.

Crocs are nice if you need to make a run for water, or if it is wet/snowy out and you want to keep your socks (kind of) dry.
Booties, must be sh*tting me. Purple leg warmers around elk camp with KennyG musack too.

GAY
Call it whatever you want but the booties work for me. I even had a rain kilt in my kit for first season and hiked in with it on through oak brush etc because it was lightweight and it worked, no sweat like waterproof pants. For camp music though, I prefer either 70's country like Merle or Grunge. To each his own.
Originally Posted by lilderrick
Booties, must be sh*tting me. Purple leg warmers around elk camp with KennyG musack too.

GAY

We get it without the caps lildick.
I used to carry a pair of acorn slipper socks - ragg wool on top, leather on the bottom. They provided that extra little bit of warmth inside the sleeping bag, and allowed me to step right outside without pulling my boots on or worry about tracking stuff back into the bag. I finally quit using them because I decided they were just too heavy for what they were. I'd really like an identical pair made out of polartec hardface with hypalon soles.
Originally Posted by evanhill
I used to carry a pair of acorn slipper socks - ragg wool on top, leather on the bottom. They provided that extra little bit of warmth inside the sleeping bag, and allowed me to step right outside without pulling my boots on or worry about tracking stuff back into the bag. I finally quit using them because I decided they were just too heavy for what they were. I'd really like an identical pair made out of polartec hardface with hypalon soles.

I had forgotten about those. They would be great for leaving the tent in the middle of the night. Don't know if I'd like sleeping with them on though...may have to try 'em.
I have a pair of North Face down tent slippers I bought for $16, I couldnt pass them up. I am wearing them right now in fact because its snowing here. It really nice to have something else to wear besides ski boots on backcountry skinng trips while hanging out in the Seek outside 8 man. I sleep with them on too if its really cold. The first thing thats get cold when in a sleeping bag is your feet. If you can keep your feet warm you can make that bag rating go a lot farther.
+1 on ID Hot Socks.
Originally Posted by lilderrick

GAY

Since no one else has mentioned it...you must be the expert on gay, so we will take your word for it.
Hot Socks/crocs here
I found some that there is such a thing as military issue Primaloft booties in coyote brown smile

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/view...dex=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=70803467392
There you go, but I think the hotsocks cost a bit less.
Down Booties that you can jump up in and run---
Here u go and on sale:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Outfitter-Camo8482-MicroDown-Booties/940631.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Ddown%2Bbooties%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=down+booties&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

© 24hourcampfire