Home
Posted By: oldpinecricker Woodstove snowplatform - 11/20/12
Looking for an snow platform for an 22" cylinder stove Ill be running in my Ti Goat shelter. Any suggestions?

Just looking for an light and simple idea vs the improvising with split log that supports legs.

Thanks
Posted By: DanAdair Re: Woodstove snowplatform - 11/20/12
Well, if you'd bought a longbow after the skills camp, you'd have a whole bunch of bent and broke arrows to make extra long stove legs with by now.

How's life?
Posted By: timat46 Re: Woodstove snowplatform - 11/20/12
You can pick up small sheets of aluminum at most hardware stores.Just cut one a bit oversize and bend over about 1/2" all the way around to make it a little stiffer and protect yourself from sharp edges
Tim
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Woodstove snowplatform - 11/20/12
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
Looking for an snow platform for an 22" cylinder stove Ill be running in my Ti Goat shelter. Any suggestions?

Just looking for an light and simple idea vs the improvising with split log that supports legs.

Thanks

Low profile aluminum cat food cans. One for each leg. Slot side if needed to fit
Posted By: llama2 Re: Woodstove snowplatform - 11/20/12
Ti Goat has ones that are made of the same material that the stove jacks are. I had one sent to me with the 12" cylinder TG stove that I purchased last month. I would just as Doug (at TG) what he recommends.
Posted By: DayPacker Re: Woodstove snowplatform - 11/20/12
tuna cans
Posted By: Big_W Re: Woodstove snowplatform - 11/20/12
Whose 22" stove is it? Ed T will probably be able to make you one. I have one with my 22" stove that he also made. Works great and makes a nice storage area to dry out the wood as you rotate it to burn.
My stove was made by Ed T. I bought it as per new condition from private party.

My Kifaru Arctic stove and Large stove have the snow platform and yes it's useful for drying things and for keeping wood ready to burn.

I'll have to look into light aluminum sheets and check out the costs.

© 24hourcampfire