Home
This is the best forum I could think of posting the question in.

My feet suck! Wide width, high arch, narrow heal and blister prone skin � not to mention a couple neuromas that can hurt like h*ll. The last few years I have found backpacking bliss in a pair of Kenetrek Hardscrabbles. Love these boots! Problem is they are great for serious terrain and heavy loads but really too stiff for casual hiking and still hunting.

In my experience �hunting boots� (Rocky, Danner�s, Cabela�s etc) well�..suck. I had a pair of early USA made Rockies 20 years ago that were great until the soles eventually wore out. I would love to find a pair of boots similar to my Hardscrabbles yet light weight with a more flexible sole for stalking. I know the Kenetreks are actually made by an Italian company and make a �light� model but these still are heavier/stiffer than I want. I actually have had good luck with some of the box store Merrill�s but would like something a bit tougher. I trashed a pair of Cabelas boots yesterday hiking around a reclaimed strip mine � steep, lots of briars on one side and a high wall on the other. Opted to go through the �black muck� over bleeding more and had to toss the shoes in the garbage.

Any idea where I should start to look?
If you have trouble finding off the shelf boots to fit, I'd suggest giving Lathrop and Sons a call. I was very pleased with my one set of boots from them. Though I got my last pair from someone else, my next ones will be from them.
I too would give Lathrop & Sons a shout. The boots I ordered fit like a glove the first time I put 'em on.
Bear in Fairbanks
© 24hourcampfire