Home
Posted By: docdb New Mystery Ranch Packs - 06/24/14
Hang on to your wallets men, I spoke with MR yesterday and they are telling me to wait a bit for my next purchase. There will be new, lighter NICE bags out likely by the end of July. Can't wait to see the new offerings.
Don
Posted By: Powerguy Re: New Mystery Ranch Packs - 06/24/14
Enabler
Posted By: Huntr Re: New Mystery Ranch Packs - 06/24/14
Great news!
Posted By: whambasted Re: New Mystery Ranch Packs - 06/26/14
they get a lot of flak nowadays but in my opinion they are still the most comfortable and durable packs around. the weight is not that important for me as long as i have piece of mind with the durability and comfort.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very cool!
Posted By: cowkiller Re: New Mystery Ranch Packs - 06/26/14
Originally Posted by Powerguy
Enabler

exactly. I was looking for a Metcalf bag now I have to wait.
Posted By: DanAdair Re: New Mystery Ranch Packs - 07/20/14
The more I use MR stuff, the more I'm convinced they need to place the whole NICE system on a viking funeral pyre, douse it in diesel, light it, and start over.

They could be making some really badass backpacks if they wanted too.

If they were in Missoula and smoked more weed, they'd figured it out years ago.
Originally Posted by DanAdair
The more I use MR stuff, the more I'm convinced they need to place the whole NICE system on a viking funeral pyre, douse it in diesel, light it, and start over.

They could be making some really badass backpacks if they wanted too.

My thoughts exactly. Love the company but my shoulders, back and legs have thanked me everyday since I gave up my NICE / Crewcab / Longbow setup. My current pack setup will hold more, carry as much with better comfort, is made out of the same 500d Cordura material and weighs anywhere from 2.5 to 4 lbs less.
Posted By: MOG Re: New Mystery Ranch Packs - 07/21/14
Russ what is it then I need a setup and was looking at Kifaru and Kuiu?

Good news on MR evolving.

Regards,

Mog
MOG,

I don't have any experience with Kifaru or Kuiu packs, only MR. After I sold my MR stuff I went all ape crazy and had a custom McHale pack made.

From what I've read lately regarding packs, Kifaru and Stone Glacier seem to have the most positive hunting market buzz. Kuiu is a little more hit-and-miss.
Posted By: MOG Re: New Mystery Ranch Packs - 07/21/14
Cheers Russ always good to get opinions from people with experience as it is harder here in OZ to get opinions.

Regards,

Mog
© 24hourcampfire