Home
Posted By: MShuntfish Kuiu Garage Sale - 07/29/14
Got an email from Kuiu about this event. You have to physically be there...no internet orders. Tough luck for a Mississippi boy. Anyone planning on going?
Posted By: Higginez Re: Kuiu Garage Sale - 07/29/14
I live close enough to go and I won't be there. Tell ya anything?
Posted By: MShuntfish Re: Kuiu Garage Sale - 07/29/14
It tells me that either you don't like their stuff enough to look...or that there's not enough benefit by way of pricing and discount to bother with going. Which one is it?
Posted By: Higginez Re: Kuiu Garage Sale - 07/29/14
They do make some pretty good/great gear and I have a few things. Attack pants, Tiburon pants, Spindrift and a merino shirt. I do like them. What I think is humorous is that it all started by throwing around "I started Sitka" and "we are direct from North America to save you money with no middle man". Which quickly became "our products are WAY superior to our competitors so they cost more and you get better gear for the same money spent, but they are made in China."

The "garage sale" is just a money grab as they have no middle man. The one that benefits from being direct is not the consumer as they have bragged about. The cheapest Kuiu stuff you can get is last years models as they close them out after the season, but don't kid yourself into thinking it's a great deal. Even after 15% off for living close.

Posted By: jryoung Re: Kuiu Garage Sale - 07/29/14
Toray fabrics were never made in North America, the stuff was just assembled by cheap labor in BC.

Having several generations of stuff I think the assembly has improved and the price has decreased.

I'll probably swing up for the sale and see what they have.

Posted By: Ebby Re: Kuiu Garage Sale - 07/29/14
I like their stuff too. The garage sale is not just 15% off. It's big price drops on select stuff and 15% off all new in stock stuff. I don't live anywhere close so I won't be going.

Lee
© 24hourcampfire