Home
Posted By: Rackmastr My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 10/13/14
Hey guys...

Been a while since I've posted here (or a bunch of spots for that matter) and figured it was time to catch up a bit. What better way than to share a successful hunt or two? wink

Here is a quick write up and some pics of my August Stone's sheep.

This year I made a serious commitment to my fitness and preparation for a Stones sheep hunt. After moving to BC back in 2012 I have chased some Kootenay area sheep and did a hike-in last year off the highway later season. Had a great time and just being able to chase thinhorns is something that I've cherished and a huge reason I moved to BC in the first place. I've hunted sheep in Alberta for about 10-12 years pretty seriously and always seemed to carry a monkey on my back whenever hunting sheep. Been on a few cool sheep hunts and helped some guys with rams, but its never worked out for me. A lot of learning, hard lessons, and a ton of cool experiences though!

Myself and hunting partner booked with Riverjet Adventures this year and planned a 2 week hunt. I wanted to have enough time to have zero regrets about this hunt and the time we had to get it done.

Day 6 (the day after my bday), we made it happen and I spotted this ram above camp in the shale. A stalk trough the poplars put me at 300 yards from him and an hour and a half of watching him through the spotting scope made me confident that I was looking at the type of ram that would represent the hard work and dedication I'd given to sheep hunting in the past. This ram would be the type of ram that I'd be proud to look at for years.

Sorry for the lack of a 'story' right now but here are some pics that highlight the trip for me. We met some amazing guys on the hunt (you know who you are) and cant say thanks enough and am glad to call them all friends now. Thanks guys. Thanks to my sheep hunting partner and to Kevin Willis for providing one hell of a fun and safe trip up and down the river. He is truly a professional and an all around great guy.

Here ya go....enjoy!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: battue Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 10/13/14
Dreams can come true. Congrats!!!!
Rackmastr;
Thanks for sharing the story and photos of your hunt sir and hearty congratulations on that nice ram.

I was working some of the old areas I'd hunted for California rams with our daughter last weekend - we were searching for mulie bucks - but it brought back a flood of grand memories for me. It does make sense to live here if one has these addictions doesn't it? wink

Thanks again for sharing your story, Happy Thanksgiving and all the best to you folks.

Dwayne
Beautiful ram! Congrats!
Congrats on a fine ram and some awesome memories! Thank you for taking the time to post pics� would love to hear more of the story though when you have time.
Posted By: Huntr Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 10/13/14
Stud ram! Congrats and thanks for sharing the story and pics!
Posted By: EricM Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 10/13/14
Congratulations, your persistence paid off! smile
That's a helluva ram & very happy & proud you should be !!!

CONGRATS !!

MM
Posted By: cwh2 Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 10/14/14
Awesome. Excellent pictures - thanks for posting.

9 years old?
Good looking ram & sounds like a great hunt. Congratulations!
Yes! Thanks for posting this. Does it ever bring back memories of northern BC and Stone sheep. Great pics.

What an awsome ram!!!
Gorgeous ram! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

That's a pipedream hunt for me.
Nice!! Congrats on a great ram! Enjoyed the read and pics, Thanks for sharing.
The fire and sheep head pic is awesome!

I would love to read details of your trip, hunt tactics and gear list + rationale smile
Congrats on a wonderful hunt. You made the commitment and it paid off.
Posted By: docdb Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 10/18/14
Incredible!
Nice ram and great pics...you did well.
Posted By: MOG Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 10/19/14
Nice work mate,
How long did it take to walk into your area?

Regards,

Mog
Congrats on a fine animal and hunt.
Great ram. Congrats.
Sweet! Thanks for the pics & story.
Posted By: prm Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 11/16/14
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. A nice sheep like that is on my hunting bucket list.
Posted By: CLB Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 11/27/14
Congrats on an awesome ram!
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: My Northern BC Stones Sheep - 11/28/14
Congrats on a beautiful ram!
© 24hourcampfire