Home
Posted By: dennisinaz Trekking poles - 04/12/15
Do all the major brands have replaceable inserts for the tips? I see Black Diamond does but nothing on Komperdell. I wonder if they are interchangeable?
Posted By: sherp Re: Trekking poles - 04/13/15
http://www.komperdell.com/images/pdf_fqa_en/14.pdf

Not a try one then the other kind of thing to my way of thinking, but yes they can be repaired/replaced.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Trekking poles - 04/14/15
well that blows. Looks like they are glue-ins and the Black Diamonds just screw in.
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Trekking poles - 04/26/15
My $40 Cabellas ones (that I've been waiting for years to break, but keep limping along) have screw-in tips that are replaceable. You can get metal or rubber tips. After years of using the metal ones (I think they are titanium), I realized it was dumb not to use the rubber ones. Much quieter with no loss of traction. I got several sets of each at one time a while ago. They were cheap. What you don't want to do is let the tips come out and find out later you've been hiking with the tapped receiver hole open. Cleaning that out is problematic. I would select for the screw ins.
Posted By: KC Re: Trekking poles - 04/26/15

Dennis:

My Pro-Trekker trekking poles by Synergy Sports cost me $30 at Costco for the set of two poles. Last year I backpacked for over 200 miles. I keep looking at the tips expecting to see some sign that they are wearing out. But I can't discover any significant wear. Don't know what the tips are made of but they sure are durable. At the rate they are going, it looks like I will never have to replace the tips. That's good because it doesn't appear that they are replaceable.

KC

Posted By: Keahi Re: Trekking poles - 04/26/15
I think they are made of Tungsten steel.
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Trekking poles - 04/29/15
That's what I meant to say, thank you. Tungsten. They are a lot harder then the threads they sit in ...

If they were titanium I could probably have made it that extra mile last hunting season ...
© 24hourcampfire