Home
I haven't posted for a while, I've managed to get out on some backpack hunts though. Good luck to all for the fall.

2014 WY--I had been bow hunting but actually shot it with a 6.5x47L, 7 miles in and up.
[Linked Image]

2014 WY--shot this bull, tossed the rifle to a buddy and he shot a cow, 6 miler on this one.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2014 MT--Saw nothing but two little bucks all trip, had to go out to 590 yds to kill this one. Solo hunt, 6 miles or so.
[Linked Image]

2015 WY--I don't know if this counts as a backpack hunt, I didn't sleep in the woods but I walked a long way and got home at like 7am. Solo trip.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2015 WY--Wet and cold, I spent a lot of time shivering. A rare time when putting a heavy pack on was a pretty welcome feeling. 7-8 miler, solo again. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2015 WY--Solo trip for elk, though thankfully I had some meat hauling help for the last round. First trip out was 7+ miles of 109#.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Badass dude. Great pics.

Tanner
Same to you man, long time no see. Just saw your ak pics, pm on the way here shortly.
Awesome and thanks for sharing! What is the pack you are using?
It's a Stone Glacier Sky 5100.
Well done! I keep thinking I'd like to hunt with you, then I see the distances and pack weight... wink
Awesome stuff and some brutal pack outs no doubt!!
Dude.,.......

Damn nice hunts! Those are some serious 'walks' and loads. Take full advantage of your youth - and post pics to keep us mortals posted. Seriously, good job!

Great animals. Gotten the right way.

Awesome job!
Originally Posted by oldslowdog

Great animals. Gotten the right way.

+1, you're on a roll!
Words can not properly explain my jealousy. That is truly badass. What rifle/caliber is that? Are you hiking in on established trails for any part of these trips or is it all crosscountry?
Thanks for posting!
Originally Posted by Stick1330
Words can not properly explain my jealousy. That is truly badass. What rifle/caliber is that? Are you hiking in on established trails for any part of these trips or is it all crosscountry?

It's a remington 700 in .260ai, H4350, 139 scenar. Some on trail some off trail, the percentages vary but most hunts have at least some of each. I went out with a friend last weekend and helped him get his first buck. It was maybe roughly 60% trail, 40% off.

[Linked Image]
That's a dandy!!! Kudos on the assist.
© 24hourcampfire