Home
Posted By: JeremyKS Insulated wide boots - 11/04/15
Im looking for an insulated boot. Currently I'm wearing Lowa Ranger and Lowa Renegade boots in a 14 wide. Im having troubles finding a good wide insulated boot. Anybody have suggestions?
Thanks!
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/04/15
Danners
Posted By: JeremyKS Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/05/15
Haven't had much luck with the danners. Just dont seem to hold up for me.
Posted By: akrdkill Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/07/15
lowa superwarms
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/07/15
I wear a triple E and the Schnees I got this year have been great. I am able to wear a thin sock and a heavier one over the top.
Got them on closeout and have been impressed.
Posted By: oklahunter Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/09/15
Try the American made Danner stitch down, insulated boots. They are pretty stout but not cheap. They are really not the same thing as the lighter weight Danner boots.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/18/15
Originally Posted by oklahunter
Try the American made Danner stitch down, insulated boots. They are pretty stout but not cheap. They are really not the same thing as the lighter weight Danner boots.

This is info point that some folks don't know. Danner has usually run two lines of similar products, one is imported, and one made in the USA. The USA made runs at a higher price point.

I've worn Danner uniform boots for the last 8 years. The USA made boots are still going strong, while the imported line lasted about a year, maybe less.

I spoke the factory reps in October at AUSA, and they said they have to run two lines to be competitive in the boot market. While the "Made in USA" tag is a point of pride, the reality of affording boots pushes a significant portion of consumers to the lower price points.
Posted By: RWE Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/18/15
I wait for the danner sales and get a set of US boots.

I've been using the Marine Corp USA made RAT's and I've put them through hell, and they are still going strong.

Posted By: KCBighorn Re: Insulated wide boots - 11/18/15
Originally Posted by JeremyKS
Haven't had much luck with the danners. Just dont seem to hold up for me.

As was already mentioned, there are different "levels" of Danners. Check out the insulated Super Rainforest boots. I used to practically live in them for half the year and can attest that they hold up extremely well.
Posted By: broomd Re: Insulated wide boots - 12/03/15
I have a 13-14 4E foot and Danner 'wides' are outrageously narrow...just my experience. I wish they were wider...
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: Insulated wide boots - 12/04/15
Kenetrek. Best money you will spend. Great boots.
Posted By: JeremyKS Re: Insulated wide boots - 12/09/15
Just in case anybody else is looking for a wide boot. I called Lathrop and Sons and they recommended the Lowa Hunter Evo Extreme. Even though its not listed as a wide they said its built on a wider last than most of their boots and thought it would work. Ive been wearing them everyday for the past two weeks and so far Im liking them. They are definitely stiffer than the Lowa Rangers that I'm use to wearing but after a couple days I haven't noticed it.
© 24hourcampfire