Home
The Frankenstud attaches to your existing pack strap via a stainless steel flat head screw from the back side of the strap. I have a 1/4" hole melted through the strap and the unit sandwiches tightly and you don't know it's there until you want to use it

100% stainless steel bead blasted matt. Weight is 1 oz.

In initial testing the 1st and the second generation Frankenstuds improved with each faze but #3 has proven very effective at allowing hands free rifle cary.
Sounds good. Any pics?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Third and second generation prototypes [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Second generation during initial testing

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Looks kinda neat.
Wish you luck with that.
It's not a business venture just a project that I could make
Pretty slick. Thanks for the pics.
That would be very easy to duplicate with a wood lathe. Just use a bolt and T-nut to hold it on.
If I was to bring it to market I would mold it in 30% glass filled nylon
Nice Ted. After trying a "slingsaver" (POS), I built something nearly identical to yours last year out of a rubber stopper... works well. I'll put up pics later.

Well, I didn't want to do this, but I will volunteer to test your prototypes grin
I'd make one at cost....but I cost a lot
That would balance out with my consulting fees....
Nice idea, I have thought about this a lot!
The generation 4's are made of Aluminum

Same style and bead blasted to reduce glare.....anodized would be nice but doubles the price
How much shipped?
How much shipped?
Oh come on now.....be aware these aren't retail items

If one of these were bouncing out of a CNC lathe every 4 minutes they would probably sell for $20 after shop rate, tooling cost, materials cost and machine cost were factored in with a minimum run of several hours.

That being said....these are made one at a time on a manual lathe and takes about an hour to machine, polish and then bead blast.

Shipping would be $6

How much is my time worth? I've not considered it
Not sure how much you'd have to invest but if you do I'll take 6. For starters.
Then just send me a USPS MO for $486
hahaha
© 24hourcampfire