Home
Posted By: handwerk tipi life - 03/16/16
With my son home from college for the weekend we made a quick 2 day trip into the BWCA for some R&R. My seek outside 6 man as per usual worked out to be a great pick for our snowy outing. Nothing like sparking up a stove to take the chill off and dry out a bit.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bluemonday Re: tipi life - 03/16/16
Looks like a great trip. Are the lakes still frozen? Were you guys on a trail? I'd supposed it might be a little late in the year to be on the ice?
Posted By: handwerk Re: tipi life - 03/16/16
Still plenty of ice, we just hiked the shoreline(s) from lake to lake...but I'm not too far from the border....things are a "little " different here.
Posted By: SKane Re: tipi life - 03/16/16
Good deal.
I was wondering how you fared on the weekend excursion.
More woof tracks than deer tracks?
Posted By: roundoak Re: tipi life - 03/16/16
Good memories.
Posted By: Bluemonday Re: tipi life - 03/16/16
Skiing into the BWCA has been a bucket-list trip for me. I looked around a BWCA board and they said it would be ill-advised to go with fewer than four people, as there is always a slim chance of breaking through the ice. Having someone else, who isn't hypothermic, to start a fire might be your only chance.
Posted By: Kevin_T Re: tipi life - 03/20/16
I was recently in the BWCAW for a couple days myself . Good times
Posted By: handwerk Re: tipi life - 03/21/16
Skane,
yes we saw lots of wolf tracks and scat, I don't think we cut one set of moose tracks that looked halfway fresh.
Saw another wolf yesterday on the way to work.
Posted By: Kevin_T Re: tipi life - 03/22/16
Here is a little review from my trip to the BWCAW

https://store.seekoutside.com/blog/field-journal-boundary-waters-canoe-area-wilderness-bwcaw/
© 24hourcampfire