Home
Posted By: Crusader WTB: Eberlestock - 07/27/16
Looking for an Eberlestock J34/Just One pack--anyone have one they'd like to part with? If so, PM me and I'll send you my email address to send pics to. Also posting this in the classifieds.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/27/16
Good choice. Next to a Barney's, the Just One has it all, including a wonderful built in rifle scabbard. I'm on my second in about 13 years. Others may differ, but it is one of the best imho.
Posted By: Tanner Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/28/16
Save your dough and buy a pack with a real suspension system and belt that doesn't weigh a ton.

Tanner
Posted By: David_Walter Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/28/16
Originally Posted by Tanner
Save your dough and buy a pack with a real suspension system and belt that doesn't weigh a ton.

Tanner

This. I ditched my Eberlestock after one hunt.

I have a seek outside divide (https://seekoutside.com/divide-4500-ultralight-backpack/)

with a Kifaru gunbearer (https://store.kifaru.net/gun-bearers-p30.aspx)

I also have a 1996 era Barney's pack with a rifle older on the side for large loads.

Both are a WAY better solution to the problem, IMHO.
Posted By: Crusader Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/28/16
Tanner (and anyone else who'd care to respond),

What I'm looking for is mainly a smaller capacity day-type pack, to use from a base camp, with the option of expandability in order to carry out a first meat load. That is what attracted me to the Just One, though something lighter weight would definitely be desirable.

Those things being said, what pack(s) and frame(s) might you recommend that fits the bill, without breaking the bank? For what it's worth, I'm not a big guy, 5'9" and 160 lbs.

Thanks for the input.
Posted By: pointer Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/29/16
Originally Posted by Crusader
Tanner (and anyone else who'd care to respond),

What I'm looking for is mainly a smaller capacity day-type pack, to use from a base camp, with the option of expandability in order to carry out a first meat load. That is what attracted me to the Just One, though something lighter weight would definitely be desirable.

Those things being said, what pack(s) and frame(s) might you recommend that fits the bill, without breaking the bank? For what it's worth, I'm not a big guy, 5'9" and 160 lbs.

Thanks for the input.
I just use a 'big' pack for those duties and cinch it down when it's not full. Plenty of room and suspension then when it's time to haul meat. Mine's an older gen Kifaru Longhunter.
Posted By: starsky Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/29/16
Look for used Kifarus. They make/made a ton of great packs. I use their AMR and just cinch it down during the day. The two pack system never made too much sense to me when hunting.
Posted By: starsky Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/29/16
Stone Glacier has an expandable meat shelf on most of their bags, if you're dead set on that idea. They're also good packs.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: WTB: Eberlestock - 07/29/16
I really enjoyed my Kifaru LH Gen2, but once I tried my Paradox Evo 6300 I sold the LH and never looked back. Well worth the price, and packs down small/light for day use.
© 24hourcampfire