Home
Got an email notice yesterday from Black Ovis

http://www.blackovis.com/brands/cri...tm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=crispi
So is there a code to get the 30 percent off ?
Originally Posted by Aviator

Any idea of what Vibram Super Grip outsoles are designed for? Are they similar to the Vibram Arctic Grip soles?
Originally Posted by Aviator

No
FWIW, I have a pair of Crispi Hunters that I have owned for five years, or so, and they are the best, most comfortable hunting boots that I have ever owned.

donsm70
Have Crispi Nevadas. Like wearing sneakers with most excellent ankle support. Too warm for wearing in warm/hot weather otherwise no faults I have found.
How do they run? Narrow, med, wide?
This might help.

http://www.rokslide.com/gear/footwear/415-crispi-nevada-htg-insulated-hunting-boot

I am no expert by any means but after a lot of research and trying many boots on I bought Crisp Idaho's. Best boot I have ever worn. Mine seam to run narrow but I like that because I have bad ankles.

I can't find any useful information about the level of insulation in their boots. Some say down to -20degrees and another says primaloft. Does anyone have a means of translating to the american standard of thinsulate grams?
I talked to them last fall on the Hunter. They said it has equivalent of 200 grams thinsulate. I see they have this listed on their website. The Wild Rock looks to have 400 gr Thinsulate.

I also talked to Lathrop and Sons yesterday on their new boots, designed by them. Both are non-insulated but according to them, using E-vent instead of Goretex, it allows the foot to truly breathe, meaning its drier. They seem to think this fact makes a boot 'warmer' because your feet stay dry. They claim the E-vent provides an equivalent of 200 gr Thinsulate.

If I was in the market for a new pair of high end boots, I'd look long/hard at the Lathrop boots.
Originally Posted by setch
I can't find any useful information about the level of insulation in their boots. Some say down to -20degrees and another says primaloft. Does anyone have a means of translating to the american standard of thinsulate grams?

There is a three and a half minute tutorial on YouTube about the Crispi Guide GTX boot which did clear up the questions I had about insulation. Ordered a pair and expect to have them in hand next week....
Originally Posted by bwinters
I talked to them last fall on the Hunter. They said it has equivalent of 200 grams thinsulate. I see they have this listed on their website. The Wild Rock looks to have 400 gr Thinsulate.

I also talked to Lathrop and Sons yesterday on their new boots, designed by them. Both are non-insulated but according to them, using E-vent instead of Goretex, it allows the foot to truly breathe, meaning its drier. They seem to think this fact makes a boot 'warmer' because your feet stay dry. They claim the E-vent provides an equivalent of 200 gr Thinsulate.

I have a set of the schnees beartooth insulated boots with E-vent. I can't tell if they are warmer than they would be if they were gore-tex, but I can tell you they are completely waterproof and do a great job of drying-out my feet which sweat a good bit.
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Originally Posted by setch

There is a three and a half minute tutorial on YouTube about the Crispi Guide GTX boot which did clear up the questions I had about insulation. Ordered a pair and expect to have them in hand next week....

Yep...I've seen that video and it didn't really address the wildrock too much, which was what I was interested in. Sounds like 400grm equivalent based on bwinter's research, which is what I was searching for.
© 24hourcampfire